+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 122
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Arrow - CW

  1. #71
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,332

    Re: Arrow - CW

    Season 1 finale - May 15, 2013.

    Wow, that was a great season finale.

    Only a couple of little stupid plot bits. Thea is an idiot does she think Roy is an idiot and can't figure out for himself he needs to evacuate the area. I think the hordes of people leaving and all the sirens and helicopters would have been a clue. Then there is Laurel who is directly responsible for Tommy's death. It was so important to risk life and limb for paper. Like most of that was not on a computer somewhere. Then there was poor Felicity sitting in her chair in a shaking building. All stupid scenarios. When the earthquake hit the Washington DC metro area in 2011 everyone I know in my building got up and got out of the building. I must admit I was very proud of all my co-workers for being so calm and collected and saving themselves and not their paperwork. Then Moira makes this huge announcement about the Glades and who the heck invited the police. I certainly would not and I sure as heck would have my lawyers there. If I have time to make such a huge press conference I can have one of my many assistants call my lawyers. Outside of those stupid plot points and I note that the writers all have women doing them and that is totally sexist, I thoroughly enjoyed the season finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    925

    Re: Arrow - CW

    I didn't expect Tommy to die. Thea is such a self-absorbed teenager, as she should be. The Roy/Thea kiss in the middle of the crisis, was a bit cheesy. Wow, Malcolm is one angry man! An entire section of the city is responsible for his wife's death? I am very curious about the island, and what else happened to each of them out there. Bring on Season 2!

  3. #73
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    440

    Re: Arrow - CW

    CW just ran an hour long recap of last season and a preview of the upcoming season. Hope it premiers next week.

  4. #74
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,332

    Re: Arrow - CW

    Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    CW just ran an hour long recap of last season and a preview of the upcoming season. Hope it premiers next week.
    Arrow premieres next week Oct 7 at 8pm followed by The Tomorrow People premiere at 9pm.
    short_lived likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  5. #75
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    925

    Re: Arrow - CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Arrow premieres next week Oct 7 at 8pm followed by The Tomorrow People premiere at 9pm.
    We get to see another Amell in the Tomorrow People Some families are overly blessed in the looks department.

  6. #76
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,332

    Re: Arrow - CW

    Season 2 Episode 1: City of Heroes - October 9, 2013

    Wow, the show has improved episode 1 was fantastic. Had a nice teaser of Black Canary is she or is she not Laurel? Thea still annoying ... it must be the high pitched voice. Wish they would use Roy more. Luv'ed seeing Moira and of course Walter and my fav Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson.

    Intense episode and Summer Glau looks amazing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  7. #77
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,332

    Re: Arrow - CW

    Season 2 Episode 2: Identity - October 16, 2013

    The editing is still nice and tight.

    One point if you are aware the FEMA trucks are being hijacked why are they not more security guards or police escort?

    Luv'ed Felicity's dress with the red color blocking...if she is the executive assistant to a CEO of a powerful company she should have one ore two regular secretaries doing the grunt work.

    Luv that Diggle, Felicity and Oliver are really jelling as a team with a potential addition of Roy.

    Luv'ed that Laurel wasn't playing the love struck girl interest of the misunderstood vigilante and had her own power play going on.

    Blood .. the alderman .. nice going trashing Oliver (not) .. why would someone go to the trouble of staging an benefit if they didn't care?

    Hate, hate, hate that everyone is blaming Oliver or the Vigilante for not having God like powers and not be able to know all be all and save all and that Oliver is letting them dump that toxic load on his shoulders.

    Still luv'ing that the island Ollie looks so innocence and naive versus Oliver of today.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  8. #78
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,074

    Re: Arrow - CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Season 2 Episode 2: Identity - October 16, 2013

    The editing is still nice and tight.

    One point if you are aware the FEMA trucks are being hijacked why are they not more security guards or police escort?

    Luv'ed Felicity's dress with the red color blocking...if she is the executive assistant to a CEO of a powerful company she should have one ore two regular secretaries doing the grunt work.

    Luv that Diggle, Felicity and Oliver are really jelling as a team with a potential addition of Roy.

    Luv'ed that Laurel wasn't playing the love struck girl interest of the misunderstood vigilante and had her own power play going on.

    Blood .. the alderman .. nice going trashing Oliver (not) .. why would someone go to the trouble of staging an benefit if they didn't care?

    Hate, hate, hate that everyone is blaming Oliver or the Vigilante for not having God like powers and not be able to know all be all and save all and that Oliver is letting them dump that toxic load on his shoulders.

    Still luv'ing that the island Ollie looks so innocence and naive versus Oliver of today.

    Yes, I love this too. Good acting on his part.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  9. #79
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,332

    Re: Arrow - CW

    Forgot to add that the writers or producers seem to come up with unique ways for Oliver to do some kind of pushup or variation on different types of equipment; probably should thank his trainer.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #80
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,332

    Re: Arrow - CW

    Episode 3 - Broken Dolls - October 23, 2013

    This show continues to excel in being able to carry multiple story arcs all interesting and yet you as the viewer don't feel as if you are being tugged all over the place.

    LUv'ed, luv'ed, luv'ed the Clock Tower reference. The Clock Tower was used in the 2002 TV series "Birds of Prey" (Black Canary, The Huntress, Oracle -former BatGirl) and it was also used in the TV series Smallville (also aired on The CW) as a sort of headquarters for Clark Kent, Chloe and The Green Arrow.

    Yeow - poor Manu Bennett/Slade being burned in that air assault.

    Luv'ed that Detective Lance is working with The Arrow and his daughter is trying to apprehend him.

    Totally luv'ed the Black Canary and her sonic scream.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.