+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Arrow - CW

Re: Arrow - CW

This is one "secret organization" plot that I don't mind. Unlike on Revenge, where I'm tired of that already.

Having not watched Smallville and not feeling very versed in the comic lore, I find there's enough in each episode to keep me wanting more. But most importantly there's enough history to keep me understanding.

Just finished watching episode 10 "Burned" and episode 11 "Trust and Verify". I am still enjoying the series. Is it as good as Smallville? No, but it is building up its mythos and its characters. I still think Ollie's sister Thea aka Speedy is stupid thinking that her mother and Malcolm Merlin are having an affair just because she sees then together. Very naive and stupid kid.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm having a hard time staying engaged with this show and I can't put my finger on why. I want to love it but I can't.
    Hyper likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I'm having a hard time staying engaged with this show and I can't put my finger on why. I want to love it but I can't.
    I'm feeling the same way, Mia. I thought it would become too comic book for me and it has. Same thing happened with Heroes after its first season. I've just never liked comic books either for reading or watching, even as a kid.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Slowly but surely the show is getting better. It will improve leaps and bounds if they get another actress to play Thea. Luv'd seeing Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson. Best line of the episode is Manu as Slade saying he "likes swords", for those who don't know he plays a gladiator on Starzz Spartacus.

FORT Fogey

Looking forward to the next episode when he confronts his mother as The Hood.

The actors that play Moira Queen, Walter, Detective Lance and Diggs are great, the rest of the cast is quiet young in and in experienced if they could rise to the level that this would be a top notch show. Even the guest stars are doing a great job. Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson was incredibly intense.

he he he......Poor Oliver, goes to intimidate his mother and pow she shoots him.

Liked the longer flashback scenes to the island...seeing Slade Wilson training Ollie. More mysteries.. the dragon head tattoos on Sato (Yuo Fe's daughter's back and on Ollie's back) was she really being held hostage.. she had a weird look on her face after her father embraced her?

Liked that Felicity joined the team it was a strong episode.

FORT Fogey

LOL! They compared the Huntress to the T-mobile girl

The name of Ollie's new club is Verdant which is defined as green with vegetation; covered with growing plants or grass. Interesting name considering the club is in the middle of an industrial wasteland.

+ Reply to Thread