+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Arrow - CW

Re: Arrow - CW

I really like the show. I REALLY like the shirtless workout sessions.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I'm still mostly enjoying the show however it tends to veer into soap opera territory. Sometimes the people are a little too perfect, a little too coifed, their homes are too perfect looking, and all the family angst and dramatic music/scenes is getting a tad tedious. There needs to be more action to balance this out. Even Smallville wasn't this soapy.
    Hyper likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I'm still mostly enjoying the show however it tends to veer into soap opera territory. Sometimes the people are a little too perfect, a little too coifed, their homes are too perfect looking, and all the family angst and dramatic music/scenes is getting a tad tedious. There needs to be more action to balance this out. Even Smallville wasn't this soapy.
    I agree. I'm still watching, but it's getting more and more soapy and comic booky. I'm not sure how much longer I'll stay with it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Yes, that was kind of creepy. Perhaps he is a stepfather? No, it didn't sound that way. Really creepy.
    As Tommy's dad, John Barrowman looks fit enough to give the Arrow a very good fight and possibly beat him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I agree. I'm still watching, but it's getting more and more soapy and comic booky. I'm not sure how much longer I'll stay with it.
    Well, overall I like the show and it is obvious it is still trying to find it's footing and not all the episodes will be brilliant and they are trying to set up for a mini cliffhanger for the midseason (Christmas Holidays) finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Well, overall I like the show and it is obvious it is still trying to find it's footing and not all the episodes will be brilliant and they are trying to set up for a mini cliffhanger for the midseason (Christmas Holidays) finale.
    Yes, I know and I'm not giving up on it yet. I find most of the characters interesting, so I hope the storytelling picks up for me. The show that decides to forego the overdone cliffhanger will be a show that has earned my loyalty. The original Dallas did it first and best and not every season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Just finished watching the 2 part Huntress story arc...interesting. I do think the casting director needs to cast better actresses for the female roles the most interesting females on this show are Ollie's mom and the blonde techo wiz. Both women can act and can hold a scene. In fact it is a pleasure to what Walter and his wife together because they have acting chops and they are showing the youngsters how to do the job right. Tommy Merlin is actually quite decent as is Diggby, the others need some practice.
    Florimel likes this.

episode 9 - Year's End - 12/12/12

Not a bad end to the midseason finale. Good without going overboard. I am very curious to see where this organization is going. Even though I should have known I was surprised to see that the other vigilante was Tommy's father, Malcom Merlyn.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 12-16-2012 at 02:48 AM.

Colton Haynes cast in The CW's 'Arrow' - Arrow News - TV - Digital Spy

Colton Haynes cast in The CW's 'Arrow'
    Published Wednesday, Dec 12 2012, 12:27am EST | By Kate Goodacre |2 comments

Colton Haynes is joining the cast of Arrow.

The Teen Wolf actor will make his debut as Roy Harper on the CW drama in 2013, reports TV Guide.

"We were big fans of Colton from Teen Wolf, and we are thrilled he's joining Arrow," said the series' executive producer Greg Berlanti.

Harper's history in DC Comics continuity began in 1941 as Speedy, a sidekick to Green Arrow. The sometime Justice League member has also operated under the superhero names Red Arrow and Arsenal.

Within the TV show's continuity, he is billed by the network as a "handsome, street-savvy teenager from the Glades, the harsh, poverty-stricken portion of Starling City".

The character will reportedly fall for Oliver Queen's younger sister Thea (Willa Holland).

Arrow airs on Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 12-16-2012 at 03:22 AM.

'Arrow': 'Spartacus' star Manu Bennett to play Slade Wilson - Arrow News - TV - Digital Spy

'Arrow': 'Spartacus' star Manu Bennett to play Slade Wilson
    Published Monday, Dec 3 2012, 10:34am EST | By Morgan Jeffery |1 comment

Spartacus star Manu Bennett has been cast on Arrow.

The actor - who plays Crixus on Spartacus - will play Slade Wilson on the CW superhero drama, Entertainment Weekly reports.

In the original DC comics, Wilson is the civilian identity of super-villain Deathstroke - who has already appeared as a mysterious masked figure on the series.

Arrow will introduce the character in flashbacks, with Wilson forming an uneasy alliance with Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) while both men are stranded on the island of Lian Yu.

Bennett - who will appear in multiple Arrow episodes - has previously starred in such films as 2006's The Marine opposite WWE star John Cena and 2007's 30 Days of Night with Josh Hartnett.

The 43-year-old New Zealand actor will also play the role of Azog in the forthcoming Hobbit film trilogy.

Arrow airs on Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW and continues tonight at 8pm on Sky1 in the UK.

+ Reply to Thread