+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Arrow - CW

Re: Arrow - CW

So far so good. Didn't like the very ending where Ollie pretends to be drunk at the building dedication but I understand why he did it. I do wonder why after 5 years on an island and being all by himself (as far as anyone knows) his mom wants to simply put him in charge of a multimillion dollar business. What about post traumatic stress etc... Then she expects Ollie to be OK after having someone kidnap him and use a stun gun to torture him. Outside of these disconnects I am enjoying the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mom and Stepdad have evil intentions, so pushing him into the company would be in their interest. That way he becomes complicit in whatever is going on. Now, he can be an observer. I really feel for his sister. I do hope he can help her.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    In the comics he was a playboy who got shipwrecked and learned how to survive on the island by building a bow and arrow and using it to hunt game. No, he did not have a mentor. However from the hint they dropped in the first episode, (the mask of Deathstroke with an arrow through it) I have a feeling that it will turn out Ollie interacted with someone or more then one on the island. You don't learn Chinese by yourself.
    Not without some books or software, for sure.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Watched the first episode yesterday and really liked it. Need to watch the second tonight.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Arrow has been picked up for a full season. Not that I'm really surprised.

EW Article
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Still liking the show but they need to bring in more elements else it will just become kill of the week and boring. Person of Interest does a wonderful job hope the Arrow Team can emulate them. That being said, liked seeing more of the island back story. mmmm....Ollie learned Russian and Chinese on the island. Liked the the reveal of the Tommy and Laurel relationship. Katie Cassidy seems to be too old to be playing a 15 yr old girl. I don't see any vulnerability in her. I don't really have too much sympathy for her at all. Miscasting perhaps? Deadshot tattooing himself was just creepy. Did like how the bodyguard is going to be brought into the fold and the nightclub idea.

I'm glad they didn't drag out the "the bodyguard doesn't know" bit. That would have gotten tedious.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Too bad Deadshot didn't take out Katie Cassidy.

Best part tonight. Walter finding the Queen's Gambit. Seeing more of Oliver's time on the island. Realizing the businessman who met Moira (Ollie's mom) in the car is John Barrowman of Torchwood fame.

I really enjoyed the last episode.

I am most looking forward to the scenes when he was on the island.

+ Reply to Thread