+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Arrow - CW

Re: Arrow - CW

Season 5 Episode 10 - "Who Are You?" - January 25, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o....E2.80.9317.29

Oliver welcomes the seemingly-revived Laurel into the team; but it becomes clear that she is Laurel’s Earth-2 doppelganger, having been broken out of S.T.A.R. Labs by Prometheus. Laurel escapes and calls Oliver for an arrangement, ending in her capture. Learning about Paul, Rene convinces Curtis to focus on his capabilities, not his flaws. Laurel is captured, and Oliver places her in an A.R.G.U.S. facility, hoping to change her one day. Oliver reveals his plans to follow (Earth-1) Laurel's dying wish, to find a new Black Canary. In a bar in Hub City, a woman with a sonic scream stops an attempted assault in a bar. Meanwhile, Oliver convinces Adrian to represent John. The latter’s corrupt superior, General Walker, arrives to assume his custody; but Adrian manages to bring John to his own jurisdiction. In flashbacks, Gregor, the Bratva traitor, attempts to force Oliver’s obedience; but the latter is rescued by a female archer named Talia.
    I sometimes hesitate to start watching Arrow as Ollie can be such a downer and I have to gird my loins to be able to bear so much depression, I do think the writers have a much better balance and don't go down to the dark pits of despair so much any more. It was fun to see Laurel/Dark Siren again. Someone needs to tell the girl the bronze glitter eyeshadow and dark blood looking lipstick are not a good look for her. I must say actors do a much better job of acting evil and are much more interesting because of it. When Katie Cassidy first started at Laurel I absolutely loathed her but she grew on me as the writers gave her more depth. I have to give the Arrow writers kudos for writing such strong female characters which is unusual in a TV show. Yeah, they may be the girlfriend of the hero but they are more than that.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 5 Episode 11 - "Second Chances" - February 1, 2017

During the S.T.A.R. Labs incident, CCPD undercover officer Tina Boland develops a sonic scream after watching her partner die at the hands of drug dealer Sean Sonus. In the present day, Adrian tells Oliver that the NSA had been investigating Walker, but its file has disappeared. While Felicity tries to locate it, Oliver takes Rene and Curtis to Hub City to recruit Tina. She initially refuses to join, but the team intercepts her attacking Sonus, who is also a metahuman with sonic powers. Sonus escapes, and Oliver reveals his identity to convince Tina to let him help her. Oliver's team helps her defeat the dealers during a shipment, but Oliver fails to dissuade her from killing Sonus. Meanwhile, Felicity meets with a hacktivist whom she inspired during her college days, who gives her the file against Walker along with a cache of other secret information. With the file, Adrian manages to get John released. Tina meets Oliver and agrees to join the team, revealing that her real name is Dinah Drake. In flashbacks, Talia helps Oliver kill an important associate of Kovar's. She also urges Oliver to become the avenger his father wanted him to be for Starling City.

Sometimes I really hate the flashbacks but not this one, great to see Talia. Luv the introduction of the new Black Canary. Per Google "Dinah Drake is the original Black Canary active during the Golden Age." I like that they have had 3 different women portray Black Canary, what a cool concept. Like I said in a previous post the writers are great at introducing strong, interesting female characters.

Season 5 Episode 12 - "Bratva" - February 8, 2017

In flashbacks, Oliver and Talia kill an illegal drug merchant from Robert Queen's list. Talia again presses Oliver to return home, but he chooses instead to help Anatoli kill Gregor. In the present, the team learns that Walker is in Russia for a deal with Markovian terrorists. Oliver takes everyone except Rene, who is tasked to help Quentin with his interview with Susan. Anatoli refuses to help Oliver unless he does something criminal in return, which Oliver initially refuses. After Felicity blackmails a Russian analyst, the team manages to capture Walker's henchman, whom John tortures, but to no avail. In order to prevent John and Felicity from acting against their own morals, Oliver accepts Anatoli's terms and attacks a rival with Dinah's assistance. Team Arrow and the Bratva intercept Walker's deal; and John decides to spare Walker, who is arrested by the Military Police, while Rory uses his rags to contain the nuclear blast. Upon returning, Oliver sleeps with Susan, who later stealthily finds out his alter-ego after learning about a similar hooded vigilante in Russia five years prior through her source. Rory tells Felicity that his rags do not function anymore, and he needs to leave temporarily. Meanwhile, with Rene's help, Quentin's interview is successful.
    Luv seeing Team Arrow in action and with the new Black Canary.

Poor Ollie he was thinking with little Ollie not BIG Ollie that is going to bite him in the glutes.

Do all reporters sleep with the people they are investigating?

Liked Rene with Quentin it's like watching mirror versions of each other.

Season 5 Episode 13 - "Spectre of the Gun" - February 15, 2017

16 months ago, Rene watched his wife, an addict, being killed by a dealer in front of the former's daughter, Zoe, who was transferred to foster care; and Rene was prohibited from meeting her. He was inspired by the Green Arrow killing Darhk and saving Star City, deciding to start his vigilantism. In the present, Rene now works for Quentin as his assistant. An armed man attacks the city hall and kills and wounds several staff members. Felicity identifies the shooter as James Edlund, a former clerk and a gun control proponent who lost his family in a shootout months ago. Thea and Quentin encourage Oliver to deal with the situation as the mayor, not the vigilante. The latter decides to work with the city council for a gun control act. Rene and Curtis locate Edlund's hideout and find his next target, where Oliver confronts Edlund as the mayor and dissuades him from killing anyone, convincing him to surrender. Oliver reaches to an agreement with the council over the act. Curtis promises Rene to help him get to Zoe legally. Meanwhile, John convinces Dinah to return to normal life. She enlists in SCPD.
    Gun control and gun violence a very difficult subject that this episode handled very well.

Season 5 Episode 14 - "The Sin-Eater" - February 22, 2017

Oliver meets Prometheus's alleged mother, who refuses to help him. During a prison transfer, Chien, Carrie, and Warner kill the guards and escape. Oliver appoints Dinah as an SCPD officer. Pike receives evidence that the Green Arrow killed Malone, and he orders a manhunt. Oliver and Quentin track down the trio, who escape due to the intervention of the ACU. Oliver surmises that Prometheus is responsible for sending the evidence. Susan confronts Oliver for being the vigilante, which he denies. Thea discredits her by having Felicity hack Susan's files and insert proof that she committed plagiarism. Susan gets angry with Oliver, who confronts Thea. He reveals the cover-up of Malone's death to Pike. The team intercepts the trio stealing money from a stash left by Church, and are ambushed by their mercenaries. The ACU arrives and arrests the trio, allowing Team Arrow to leave. Quentin gives Dinah his blessing to assume the Black Canary identity. Word of the cover-up is later leaked to the media, which could lead to Oliver's impeachment. In flashbacks, Oliver and Anatoli engage Gregor's men. Gregor prepares to kill Anatoli.
    There are many times I think Ollie is an idiot and this episode is no different. Susan, the investigative reporter, was going after Oliver. She was sleeping with him and it came across partly as attraction and partly as her investigating him and how sleezy is that? She was trying to find out if he was the Green Arrow and she would have exposed him there by ruining his life and putting him and his family and his friends in to the line of fire (death and retaliation and possible jail time) and that would be OK but to have Thea do the same to Susan that was ethically wrong. Really? Ollie you are an idiot.

Season 5 Episode 15 - "Fighting Fire with Fire" - March 1, 2017

Oliver's impeachment process begins, with Adrian serving as his attorney. The Vigilante starts targeting the former, but is opposed by Prometheus, who is revealed to be Adrian. Using Pandora, Felicity and Thea learn about a secret that can be used to blackmail an alderman. Oliver and John dissuade them from using the method. Using a piece of the Vigilante's suit, Curtis manages to track his location, where he plans to kill Oliver, who publicly disavows the Green Arrow as a "cop killer", stating his motive for the cover-up as to protect the people from losing hope. The Vigilante escapes. The council votes against impeachment. However, Thea resigns from Oliver's administration in order to work on her morality. Paul decides to divorce Curtis. Susan gets her job back by Felicity's anonymous testimony. The latter secretly joins the Helix. Adrian aggressively demands Susan to listen to his story. In flashbacks, Anatoli demands a "spross dopross", a process to depose the Pakhan. Oliver infiltrates Kovar's mansion and acquires evidence that Gregor has been embezzling the Bratva's money. The majority of the captains vote for Anatoli; but Gregor starts a mutiny.
    I really hate it that Ollie uses Little Ollie to rule his head in regards to his bed buddy Susan. That woman was going to burn Ollie and that would have included all his family and friends not because people needed to know, but to get kudos for a story and she was sleeping with him. What does that say about her as a person, and Ollie is shaming Thea and Felicity for protecting him. Ollie is such a douche at times, well a lot of the time.

Sadly I agree with you, Oliver can be such a douche sometimes and it didn't sit well with me when he scolded Felicity and Thea so harshly when they just wanted to protect him from Susan who was so horrible and selfish. But in his defense, maybe he was unaware of Susan's true intentions, she has obviously manipulated his affections for her and is too blind to notice that she's just using him to get a good story. Unlike Felicity and Thea, Susan only really cares about herself and getting a good story, I hope Oliver would learn the truth about Susan and her manipulation soon.
    Bearcata likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

FORT Newbie

Anyone still watching? Just recently found this show and it's my new obsession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by usschmidt View Post
    Anyone still watching? Just recently found this show and it's my new obsession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I watch but I am trying to binge watch some other shows to clear out my DVR.

I just watched the last 2 episodes and holy cow this season just gets better and more intense! Compared to DC's other superhero TV shows like Supergirl and The Flash etc, I prefer the dark and grittiness of Arrow and it's much more realistic than DC's other TV shows.

Anyway, I'm glad the team finally learns about Prometheus' real identity, it took them long enough. But the torturing of Oliver was a little hard and sad to watch, even though Oliver has been through worse torture and pain in the past, but it's still sad to watch him getting tortured physically and mentally and in pain. And when he said he wanted to stop being the Green Arrow and wanting to disband his team, I was disappointed. I hope this is all a ruse and part of Oliver's grand plan to defeat Prometheus once and for all. I'm sure the team will be reunited soon and resume their vigilante duties, or at least after they've defeated Prometheus, they have to!
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

+ Reply to Thread