+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Arrow - CW

Re: Arrow - CW

Quote Originally Posted by LindaL100 View Post
    Usually, but NOT "always", there is a difference between "usually" and "always"...Oliver Queen falls into the the smaller exception.

According to the FBI, serial killing is "a series of two or more murders, committed as separate events, usually, but not always, by one offender acting alone", and this refers to ANY individual who commits more than one murder, it doesn't matter what mental state the killer is in, if you have killed more than one person, then he/she is a serial killer, simple as that. So according to the FBI, Oliver IS a serial killer, it doesn't matter if he has mental issues or not, it doesn't change the fact that he has killed numerous people, and that makes him technically a serial killer.

Most serial killers are criminals who kill for malicious intentions, they typically have mental issues and kill for their own amusement, which is why the definition of a serial killer is usually defined as someone who was driven to kill because they're clinically insane. BUT that does NOT excuse the smaller other percentage of serial killers who are "sane" who have killed numerous people, either by accident or they want vigilante justice (like Oliver). Not "all" serial killers have mental issues. Oliver just does not fit into the usual definition of a clinically mentally-unstable serial killer, but he is still a serial killer because he has killed numerous people, this fact will not change.

A while ago there was a horrible traffic accident that happened near my neighbourhood, a man was driving a car while he was drunk and he accidentally hit another car and sadly killed all 3 people who were in the other car. He was later charged and convicted of 3 counts of negligent homicide and he was branded as a 'serial killer' by the courts and everyone in our neighbourhood because he killed 3 people, even though he killed them by accident, but it still does not changed the fact that he killed 3 people, it still makes him a involuntary serial killer.

LindaL100 you didn't link to your source material so I was unable to read your references but I did find this:

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p.../serial-murder

The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:

• one or more offenders
    • two or more murdered victims
    • incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
    • the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder

In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.
    After perusing this article I would say the above definition does suit Ollie.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 5 Episode 7 - "Vigilante" - November 16, 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_5_.282016.29

A new vigilante appears in Star City, one who kills criminals in cold blood. Quentin tenders his resignation as Deputy Mayor. He later tells Thea about the throwing star and his drunken blackouts, but believes he is being set up. The team intercepts the Vigilante during a bank robbery, but he gets away, as does Eric Dunn, the head of the robbers. Adrian forces one of the other robbers to reveal Dunn's location, and Green Arrow saves him from the Vigilante. Thea convinces Quentin to go into rehabilitation, while Oliver and Susan start getting closer. The team poses as the bank robbers to lure in the Vigilante, who again escapes even after Oliver defeats and nearly unmasks him. Thea tells Oliver about Quentin and the possibility of his being framed; they deduce that Prometheus must know Green Arrow's identity. Evelyn is revealed to be working for Prometheus. In flashbacks, Kovar introduces Oliver to his servant Galina, Taiana's mother. He also claims that the Bratva has only been using Oliver for their own ends, including making a deal with him. Kovar then releases Oliver back to the Bratva.
    Star City aka Vigilante R Us.

What Artemis is working with Prometheus say it isn't so.

Konstantin Kovar / Dolph Lundgren, while an amazing physical speciman, Lundgren's main claim to fame in American films has been his size and good looks never for his acting ability even in his more recent films such as The Expendables he came across as a drunken mess, which I thought was very real to life. However much to my surprise he has a Masters in Chemical Engineering and holds a 3rd degree black belt in karate and was a European champion in the 1980's. He also is doing a very good job playing Konstantin Kovar ... he can act who knew.

Season 5 Episode 8 - "Invasion!" - November 30, 2016

Oliver finds himself back at Queen Manor; both his parents are alive, he is about to be married to Laurel Lance, and Diggle is the Hood. However, it is revealed that he, Diggle, Thea, Sara and Ray are all being held unconscious inside pods aboard a Dominator spaceship. Meanwhile, Felicity, Curtis and Cisco Ramon try to hack into the Dominators' mainframe using a piece of their technology. The team recovers a necessary device with the help of the Flash and Supergirl, and they manage to locate the others. Oliver begins seeing flashes of his former life, as do Sara and Ray. All five captives soon realize that they are inside a shared hallucination. Their escape attempt is blocked by manifestations of Malcolm Merlyn, Deathstroke, Damien Darhk and their mercenaries, all of whom are defeated by the captives. The captives then leave the dream and awaken inside the ship. Escaping in a shuttle, they are rescued by the Waverider. Ray deduces that the Dominators were gathering information from their minds, using the hallucination as a distraction, to help them complete a special "weapon". The team learns that the Dominator mothership is headed toward Earth.

This episode continues a crossover that begins on The Flash season 3 episode 8 and concludes on Legends of Tomorrow season 2 episode 7.
    By far the best episode of the crossover, maybe because after 4 intense seasons the writers have so much material to work with every established character having a juicy scene or two to chew. They had a great scene right before Ollie's wedding to Laurel at the Queen Mansion where all the characters interacted and the director did a great circular shot going from table to table character to character, watch it a couple of times and check out the background characters. The shot quickly goes by Laurel talking to her father to Malcom talking to Thea, to Ollie interacting with his parents, to him talking to Thea, Sara interacts with Ray and Felicity and again you see Laurel and her dad in the background but from a different angle. The newbies do provide comic relief. Nerd Power Rocks.

Season 5 Episode 9 - "What We Leave Behind" - December 7, 2016

Prometheus obtains further intel about the team from Evelyn. He then attacks and hospitalizes Curtis, injecting him with a tuberculosis vaccine developed by Justin Claybourne, a corrupt pharmaceutical manufacturer named on Oliver's former kill list. Flashbacks show that Oliver killed Claybourne after discovering that he financed a TB epidemic, then raised the price on his drug to boost his company's profits. When the team tracks down Prometheus, Evelyn reveals her true allegiance and escapes with Prometheus. Investigating Prometheus on his own, Billy sends information he discovers to Felicity just before the villain captures him. The information turns out to be about Claybourne's illegitimate son, who may now be seeking retribution. Oliver deduces that Prometheus is at Claybourne's former office building and goes there alone. He finds that Prometheus has staged it to resemble Oliver's prior attack. Oliver kills Prometheus, only to discover he has actually killed a gagged Billy, whom the real Prometheus set up as himself to trick Oliver. Curtis's husband Paul leaves him after discovering Curtis is a vigilante; Felicity mourns Billy's death; Diggle is recaptured; and Oliver finds Laurel Lance alive and well inside the lair.
    Overall, good depth and emotion. Luv'ed that the team suck with Ollie. WHAT! LAUREL IS ALIVE???? Secondary plot, Dig is ambushed/captured.

Who else thinks that the District Attorney is Prometheus?

Great cliffhangers for the winter finale the show will be back January 25, 2017.
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Well, we knew Billy was a goner when he wouldn't step back from the investigation. Poor Ollie having to share that news with the team. I was thinking the new DA is the right age for Prometheus, but is he too obvious? I guess we'll see soon!

I'm sad Billy's gone, I liked him with Felicity, he seemed genuinely loving and caring towards her and was very supportive of what she does as member of The Green Arrow's team, I don't think many men would've been as supportive about that as he was, I think he was a good fit for Felicity after the turbulent relationship she had with Oliver.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaL100 View Post
    I'm sad Billy's gone, I liked him with Felicity, he seemed genuinely loving and caring towards her and was very supportive of what she does as member of The Green Arrow's team, I don't think many men would've been as supportive about that as he was, I think he was a good fit for Felicity after the turbulent relationship she had with Oliver.
    He seemed a bit boy like in comparison to Ollie's uber alpha male.

I just think Billy seemed like a really good guy, it's obvious he cared about Felicity very much and genuinely loved her and supported what she does, which already says a lot about just how much he trusted her, not many men would support what Felicity does, but Billy did, he seemed like a loving and honest man, which is more than I can say for Oliver sometimes. But I get it, considering the nature of Oliver's job as Mayor of Star City and moonlighting as a vigilante, he needs to be careful and more cautious about who he can trust. But Billy just seemed like a much more open book and more honest, someone who wears his heart on his sleeve. I just think Billy was a better match for Felicity, because with someone like Billy she knows she can trust him and knows that he would always be honest with her.
    Oliver in comparison is a lot more mysterious and secretive, sometimes you just don't know what he's thinking and he has a tendency to keep secrets from his teammates and sometimes try to keep them at arms length about certain things, even though he insists that he's only trying to protect them. Don't get me wrong I like Oliver, but a mysterious and secretive guy like him just seems less trustworthy than Billy; who seemed like an a lot more honest man. I would trust a man who is more honest and transparent, rather than a mysterious and secretive man.
    Coco46 likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

FORT Fogey

Interesting political turn for the show this week. The message before the show about violence had me intrigued since the show is already the epitome of violence. They tried to address so many issues in one episode: drug use, gun violence, racism, difficult domestic situations. I appreciate the writers trying to make a statement. Also, no to Diggle & Dinah.

You know what bothers me a bit, is that Felicity is so forgiving to Oliver for killing Billy, even though yes it was by accident and Oliver had intended on killing Prometheus and he didn't know that it was actually Billy disguised as Prometheus when he killed him, so it really wasn't Oliver's fault. But he was still the one who killed Billy, intentional or not, so I would've thought Felicity would still feel some anger towards Oliver for that. But she doesn't, it seems she blames it completely on Prometheus, which she should, because it was Prometheus' fault afterall. But if I was in Felicity's shoes, I would still at least harbor some anger towards the person who killed my boyfriend, even if he did not intend to kill him, it still doesn't change the fact that he did it regardless. Oliver blames himself for killing Billy, but Felicity is completely forgiving of him and totally let's him off the hook, she didn't even seem the least bit angry with him at all, she was furious at Prometheus of course, and rightfully so. But I still think Felicity is just too forgiving sometimes, especially when it comes to Oliver.

+ Reply to Thread