+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Arrow - CW

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Arrow - CW

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    I liked Arrow, it certainly doesn't hurt that Stephen Amell is gorgeous to look at!

My problem with Arrow was that maybe it was a little bit too violent? I wasn't big on Smallville so I'm glad that this series is darker, but I think some of the violence was a bit much. I'm not sure if I like Black Canary's portrayal just yet, but I thought it was clever that she's still a crime fighter that uses her voice to fight crime as a lawyer.

The pilot hooked me and I'm gonna keep watching!
    OMG, I thought I heard him call her Dinah but I got distracted before I made it to imdb to check. Ha! I'm so glad you mentioned this b/c I said to DH that if he'd called her Dinah, she was going to be B.C... Now things got more interesting for me...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    OMG, I thought I heard him call her Dinah but I got distracted before I made it to imdb to check. Ha! I'm so glad you mentioned this b/c I said to DH that if he'd called her Dinah, she was going to be B.C... Now things got more interesting for me...
    The ex-girlfriend's full name is Dinah Laurel Lance and she goes by Laurel.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Pleasantly surprised by this show! Wasn't sure about the spinoff without Hartley, but this is working. Really excited to see where the story goes.

I never watched Smallville but I DVR'ed the first ep of this and I really liked it. It reminds me a bit of "Heroes". I read GA as a child but I don't remember much of the plot line. I'm really looking forward to the next ep.

I finally got to see the pilot and liked it quite a bit. I was a big fan on JH on Smallville and thought he did a great job as Green Arrow. But I think this show has enough of a different slant on the character as well as being more dark and less preachy/morally conscious than SV that I will enjoy it on its own. I'm definitely curious to learn more about what Ollie's dad told him, how his mom is involved and how he's going to turn into a real crimefighter. Also - I liked the twist that the main cop is the father of the ex-gf and the one who died on the boat. It's going to be good friction. Plus it doesn't hurt that the guy is beyond ripped and smokin hot
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I'm liking this show so far.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

The story is really picking up! I wonder who the hooded guy who shot Oliver on the island is? Did Green Arrow in the comics have a mentor?

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    The story is really picking up! I wonder who the hooded guy who shot Oliver on the island is? Did Green Arrow in the comics have a mentor?
    In the comics he was a playboy who got shipwrecked and learned how to survive on the island by building a bow and arrow and using it to hunt game. No, he did not have a mentor. However from the hint they dropped in the first episode, (the mask of Deathstroke with an arrow through it) I have a feeling that it will turn out Ollie interacted with someone or more then one on the island. You don't learn Chinese by yourself.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm finally caught up on the first 2 episodes. I am really enjoying it so far however I could do without the voiceovers...

FORT Fanatic

I have been pleasantly surprised so far. I will keep tuning in. I also got the impression that maybe he did interact with someone on the island; a mentor or a foe. It would explain learning Chinese and his fighting techniques better than just living alone and learning survival skills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast