+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Arrow - CW

Re: Arrow - CW

Episode 19 aired April 16 I put in April 19 gee wonder where my mind was at.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Episode 20 - Seeing Red - April 23, 2014

OK, they are taking a little pause and doing a Roy centric episode and tying up some lose ends from the previous episode and giving the folks a bit of a breather before doing a serious 3 part finale story arc. Every one is running around trying to find Roy and a cure for the mirakuru before something goes dreadfully wrong. Emphasis is on Roy and how to solve the problem? Sara - kill him. Ollie - save him. The question is how?

OTOH is Moira running for Mayor and her flashback. It was kind of a weird soft little flashback not showing the true fierceness which we all know Moira is capable of but the story and flashback is very much in keeping with how the show likes to reveal and examine plot points and issues of morality or as it is better known "shades of grey".

Even Thea has a few moments ... oh yeah what's her name who we don't always see in every episode and don't miss that much.

I was sad to see Sara leave to visit a friend (wonder who) and say goodbye to Sin. I was thinking I could see Sin as the new Black Canary instead of the anorexic lawyer.

Then there was the nice family bonding moment and I was thinking oh this is where the episode will end with Moira telling Ollie and Thea that Malcolm is still alive when WHAM! Than I am thinking Oh Darn Slade had to have a moment in this episode and had someone crash into the Queen's limo. Than what ... best scene ever! Slade recreated Ollie's choosing who to live moment back on the island but instead of choosing between Sara and Shado it's between Moira and Thea. Moira stole the show here. Absolutely didn't see this coming and there are still 3 more episodes to go. Wow, simply wow.
    Hyper likes this.

Episode 21 - City of Blood - April 30, 2014

Opens right to Moira's funeral and no Ollie. So of course Thea is mad at him. At the reception after the funeral Isabel can't wait to attend Diggle and Felicity's funerals. Can someone cut off that woman's head. Delicious scene of Felicity crying (for Ollie) and saying horrible things about Moira. Too true. Considering the type of female Moira was very fitting. I did find it weird that Isabel seized Verdant after all didn't all three sign some documents to protect some of their interests and Verdants was Ollie's not Queen Consolidated's property. It's not like Ollie and Thea are poor they still own undervalued Queen Consolidated stock and lets not forget all those valuable paintings in the house. It was funny how Laurel appearing in the Arrow Cave pulled Ollie out of his self sacrificial funk but it is kinda weird that Laurel gives him this speech where she knows he is the kinda guy who fights for what he believes in what he is committed to. Maybe Laurel saw that in him but before the island nobody else did and neither did Ollie.

It is kinda nice to see Laurel come out of her funk and get her dad to help her hack the Mayor's computer and they see an email that proves the Mayor knew about Moira's death before she died. Nothing can get Ollie out of his funk but that Sebastian is working with Slade. I must admit the dinner scene with Blood is good. Stephen Amell can act. However I don't understand what Blood hopes to gain by destroying the city again. After all last years destruction of the Glades gave Blood everything he wanted, a platform that got him to the Mayor's office. What more does he want?

Flashback to the submarine Inyu. Luv the names of the sub; Inyu, the freighter; Amazo.

Watching the last two episodes in fact I would recommend watch the last 3 episodes back to back.

I don't get Ollie's "don't kill" theme. In general chasing the crazy wacko crooks he does on a one to one basis I can see where you would want to bring the bad guy to justice but this wholesale slaughter of people and destroying as much public property and even the police are being injured and killed I'm sorry there is a place and time for "don't kill" this is not it. To even question the decision at this particular time is incredibly stupid. That being said I think it is a good idea to cure all the mirakuru soldiers so no one else can get a hold of their blood and reverse engineer the serum.

All done. Am blown. Still it is good to see Sara resolve her issues and to be where she wanted to be. Yuck a bit to her passing on her black leather jacket to Laurel. Poor Quintin please, please be OK. Thea ... like Malcolm Merlyn isn't going to lie to you ... you were hurt .... oh boo hoo ... the expectations she has for people is incredible and considering the family and rich kids club she used to run in? What an incredibly stupid little girl. I do wish this was the last we are seeing her but since John Barrowman will be back next year I doubt it. Ah rats ... I didn't really believe the "I love you" Felicity moment in the Queen Mansion but was willing to go with it for the story's sake and yet it was a good moment plot wise. Felicity is a great character and she has the best lines in the show. Here I thought we were all done with the flashbacks as they were all island centric and how Ollie became the Kid, The Hood, The Arrow but I guess not. Sometimes I don't like it when they kill off or get rid of characters but when a story line is done it is done. I am looking forward to seeing where Ollie and the gang go. Ollie and Thea still own shares of Queen Consolidated although with Isabel dead are the stocks worthless now and they have Moira's assets and the paintings etc ... they are not really poor just less rich.

Episode 22 - Streets of Fire – May 7, 2014

Opening scene Ollie, Diggle and Felicity are planning on bombing an overhead pass and drop in on Blood’s Army of mirukuru escaped convicts. Not a bad plan although Felicity saying it is murders strikes me as kinda dumb at the time. How else are 3 people going to stop a murderous drug strengthen army or 50 plus escaped convicts? The whole theme of kill or not kill has it’s place just not here in this moment.

Best scene: Felicity hitting Isabel with the van. I wish she did back it up and run over Isabel a couple of times and then got out and decapitated her. Problem of psycho girlfriend solved.

Malcolm shows up and saves Thea from a masked man at the train station. What’s worse anonymous masked drugged strengthen soldiers or a masked psycho who killed hundreds in revenge for losing his wife who is your biological father? I was surprised that Thea shot Daddy Dearest and not surprised Malcolm has the foresight to wear Kevlar. Daddy is so proud of his little girl because she tried to kill him unlike his departed Tommy who couldn’t even pull the trigger.

So glad to realize that you don’t need a bow to use an arrow, just stab the guy in the neck with it.

Luv how Laurel and Felicity are running around the city in 5 inches spike heels.

STAR Labs has the cure. Too bad the Bad Guys got to the couriers case first.

Liked Sara saving Laurel and Laurel acknowledging her sister and that she is a good person … yeah Sara isn’t not only dark inside.

Luv’ed the flashback to the submarine and Peter, a fellow escapee, volunteering to pilot the torpedo and managing to hit the freighter.

Luv’ed how Blood realized that Slade made him Mayor but still intends to destroy the city.

Luv’ed how Blood got the cure back from Slade and gave it to Ollie and still thought he could be Mayor after this disaster.

Luv’ed how Isabel skewered Blood on her blades.

All this happens while under the tick tock of Amanda and ARGUS dropping bombs on the city cause no one wants a marauding band of drugged up super soldiers laying waste to their cities.

Episode 23 - Unthinkable – May 14, 2014

A continuation of the previous episode, it really should have been a two part finale shown all on one night.

It’s all about getting the team back together; I seriously don’t know how folks have the time to get from the Clock Tower, to the Queen Mansion, to the Arrow Cave, to the police station, to Queen Consolidated, to the ARGUS secret HQ not once but twice. The episodes are bleeding together a bit so I may be misremembering when events actually happened.

Luv that Sara called on an old girlfriend for help.

Best line:
    Nyssa: I am Nyssa, daughter of Ra’s al Ghul. Heir to the Demon
    Felicity: Felicity Smoke. M.I.T. Class of 09.

Luv that Ollie had to work with the League of Assassins.

Diggle and Lyla together again and they are pregnant.

Luv that Roy is normal again and it was so cool to watch him, Ollie , Sara and the League take out the Mirukuru Army in the tunnels.

Lots of story lines got resolved … Sara, Quintin and Laurel are all good. Laurel surprising all grown up.

Thea finds Roy. Thea and Roy plan to leave the city until she discovers he has a bow and arrows under his bed and then a Dear Roy letter. Thea dressed in cool leather pants hops into a limo with Daddy Dearest vowing to never be hurt again.

Luv, luv, luv the Felicity Ollie pep talk, then later the confessional in the mansion and finally the syringe insert that saves the day. You go girl. Felicity is pivotal in this episode.

Of course the paralleling flashbacks between Ollie and Slade and the story of how the arrow got into the eye.
    They tied up all the loose ends of season 1 and season 2 and start the story for season 3. What happened after Ollie got off the island.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112