+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Arrow - CW

Re: Arrow - CW

Manu Bennett is WAY hotter out of his orc makeup. Just sayin'
    Bearcata likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

Just finished the season finale. Well done. Answered this season's questions and set up next season's storyline!

It seems like there will be more crossovers, because Oliver, as Arrow, will appear in Flash, as seen in the extended trailer. Which looks really great. As a long time comic book fan, I've come to dislike superheroes that go more for the dark, gritty and moody, which is why I am not an Arrow fan. The Flash, however, looks like it will be more fun and thrilling, the kind of superhero stuff I prefer. I suggest checking the trailer on Youtube.

Episode 14 - Time of Death - Feb 26, 2014

Yes, I am behind and just started catching up.

Liked the Felicity connection and how this episode was divided up mainly between her feeling left out of the group and feeling she needed to prove herself and the tensions between Laurel and Sara. Best scene and a very long time in coming was Ollie finally telling Laurel off, tired of being her whipping boy. I do like that while he told her he loves her that does not mean he has to take her abuse, that is a very strong message and one a lot of folks need to listen and learn from. My only regret is that I can kinda see this being set up as Laurel being brought back as an important part of the show.

I did like the little touches of Oliver interacting with his mom at the beginning of the show and at the very end leading into the intro of Slade Wilson. Slade cleans up very nicely. Yum.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Episode 15 - The Promise - March 5, 2014

Finally, Ollie, Sara and Slade got off the island. I give the writers credit for being able to flashback Ollie's and Sara's backstory for almost 2 seasons and it still feels fresh and interesting. Ollie looks so good, so in control, so threatening when he is back at his home and trying to protect his mom and Thea from Slade. I am luv'ing how the team is meshing together. Roy and Slade and the handshake, priceless. After binge watching most of The 100 last week and now starting to finish this season you can see the quality of this show.

Episode 16 - The Suicide Squad - March 19, 2014

I like that this show was John Dingle centric, that not the entire world revolves around Ollie and his angst. Sometimes I don't like how they subjugate the sidekicks. This shows that John D. had a live before Ollie and will have one after. I did like the complicated relationship he has with his ex-wife. I did like how the writers are dealing with the theme that not all decisions are black or white that many are a muddled grey and sometimes decisions and actions can only be more or less grey and that sometimes the bad guys have stronger moral codes then the good guys. EX: Deadshot vs Amanda, him killing to put money into a blind trust for his daughter vs Amanda surgically implanting GPS and bombs into her Suicide Squad. Oh, excellent episode as far as using the characters of Deadshot, The Bronze Tiger and Shrapnel.

As for the Ollie story ... pushing away Sara ... is that his default emotional mode? did he really need to do that to Sara as he and Sara have a shared history that would negate him doing that or was it a convenient contrivance so the writers can introduce a sober Laurel making very nasty remarks to Ollie in regards to his cheating on her with Sara and using AA as an excuse to be brutally honest. That was a low blow and a poor excuse and insulting to the way AA operates, as if Laurel hasn't been skewing Ollie for the past 2 years.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-01-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Episode 17 - Birds of Prey - March 26, 2014

Nice touch to the title and the old TV series the "Birds of Prey". We have the Huntress, Black Canary and Felicity playing Oracle. You can see the writers setting it up to pass the Black Canary buck to Laurel. Personal rant here: hate the idea of anorexic, whinny, snotty Laurel as anything but gone from my TV screen. I did think it incredibly stupid of Laurel to want to stay in a hostage situation to prove she is strong. She is running around on 5 inch heels. She has no skills except as a major whinny Beyotch and as a lawyer what did she really think she was going to accomplish against experienced armed men?

Luv how the team is acting together ... poor Roy ... hated the entire must break up with Thea as while I do understand Ollie's fear that Roy is dangerous, Thea is the main thing keeping him stable.

I do like how the buildup to finally meeting up with Deathstroke aka Slade Wilson are building up. I was surprised they started this early with 6 episodes to go in the season, that is with Slade making his first big direct move by giving Thea a ride (well actually kidnapping her).

Best line: Felicity telling Sara that she should totally kick Helena/Huntress's butt if they meet and Dingle nodding his head. Priceless.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-01-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Forgot to mention in the Birds of Prey episode that Laurel blackmailing the DA into getting her job back was an amusing little scene but it does strike me as totally something "stick up her butt" old Laurel would never do.

Episode 18 - Deathstroke - April 2, 2014

Interesting to see that kidnapping Thea was only a pinprick to distract Ollie from Isabel taking over Queen Consolidated. Who is Isabel? I am thinking Shado's sister ... half sister? She seemed to look just like Shado especially in the scene at Queen Consolidated where she was there with Councilman Blood, Slade and Shado's Ghost. What is it about this series that many of the actress are all ultra thin and tall, at least they look tall.

Absolutely beautiful episode. Slade Wilson has been planning and preparing for this revenge for 5 years and he is hitting his adversary (Ollie) from all sides. Roy has deserted him. Thea hates him or at least feels betrayed by him ... but really he does not deserve that from her. Officer Lance has been arrested; another valuable ally out of commission. Seriously how many times are they going to arrest Office Lance, demote him, suspend him, prosecute him? Now to tell Laurel about Ollie being the Arrow .... this should be interesting. What is really great to watch is an action star who can act. Manu Bennett is doing a wonderful job of putting menace and danger into the character of Slade Wilson. I truly hope this helps his career. It is to die for to see him be menacing in a suit, simply brilliant. The tension and danger are truly palatable in this episode and it makes me just want to sit and watch more and more. I am glad that I put up with season 1 as season 2 is the payoff.

Best scene: Deathstroke stopping the prison bus. Luv how they have translated he old ASIS outfit and the comicbook Deathstroke outfit.

Episode 19 - The Man Under The Hood - April 19, 2014

I think the most powerful scene in this episode is when Laurel was visiting her dad in the prison hospital after her got beat up about to tell him who the Arrow was and he said he didn't want to know. Quintin Lance then makes an impassioned speech about how the city needed The Man In The Hood to be who he was, that he didn't want to put a face to the Hood, that he didn't want to know about the man's live, family or friends, just that it was an anonymous stranger doing what needed to be done. That The Man In The Hood was sacrificing so much that Quintin didn't need to know.

Luv'ed seeing Diggle kill Isabel too bad she did a zombie impression. Darn that Miraruku. Still it was hilarious in part to know her entire motivation was that her "soulmate" Robert Queen didn't leave town with her instead stayed with his wife and kids.

Thea's reaction to finding out her father was Malcolm Merlyn seemed a bit much. She is just now finding out and what she is at least 21 and this is how she reacts. What does it matter? Robert Queen is the only father she knew and it's not as if he abused her or ignored her. While this character had grown up a bit and mellowed Thea acting like a spoiled baby having her world ripped apart just doesn't really ring true. Well, I at least don't have too much sympathy for her.

Best part was watching the geeks from Star Labs shoot Slade with that big ray gun.

Again what is with all these skinny ass actress with no hips and magic gap thighs. Don't they eat. Who would even want to cuddle with them? Their bones would poke you no matter how you tried to spoon or hug them. None of these girls would be birthing any babies any time soon.

Oh, forgot to mention great ending with it being Roy as the human mirakuru blood bank.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-01-2014 at 10:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread