+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Arrow - CW

Re: Arrow - CW

Episode 8 - The Scientist - December 4, 2013

Arrow - Episode Guide - TV.com

Police scientist Barry Allen travels to Starling City to investigate a seemingly impossible robbery from Queen Consolidated's Applied Science Division, and Felicity takes a liking to him... much to Oliver's dismay. Meanwhile, Sin asks Roy for help tracking down a missing friend, and Thea joins her boyfriend in the hunt, only for one of them to be injured.
    Liked the episode although at first I thought Barry Allen seemed incredibly young for his position. It's always fun to see how they cast these re-imagined superhero shows. Moira's party was chilling ... the best scene she had was facing Malcolm Merlin down that was delicious.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FYI:

Next week will be the season 2 mid season finale and the show goes on the traditional holiday break and won't be back until January 15, 2014.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Episode 8 - The Scientist - December 4, 2013

Arrow - Episode Guide - TV.com

Liked the episode although at first I thought Barry Allen seemed incredibly young for his position. It's always fun to see how they cast these re-imagined superhero shows. Moira's party was chilling ... the best scene she had was facing Malcolm Merlin down that was delicious.
    I can't get over him being the annoying & conniving Warbler on Glee. I think that is going to take some doing on my part. I love Felicity more and more each episode. We get to see more of her personality as the season unfolds. She just might be my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    I can't get over him being the annoying & conniving Warbler on Glee. I think that is going to take some doing on my part. I love Felicity more and more each episode. We get to see more of her personality as the season unfolds. She just might be my favorite.
    Ahhhh.. thank you. I thought he looked familiar and couldn't figure out where I knew him from.

Episode 10 - Blast Radius - 1/15/14

Episode 11 - Blind Spot - 1/22/14

Episode 12 - Tremors - 1/29/14

Like seeing the fall of the overly righteous Laurel Lance ... wow she thinks she is the only one who has suffered like she has ... what a wuss.

I do wish they would show more of Roy.

Thea is tolerable to watch when she can control her voice and doesn't sound so whinny and shrill.

Liked seeing Walter again. Moira is always delicious to watch especially when she is wheeling and dealing.

Luving the Slade Wilson past and present storylines ... truly delicious to watch.

How does Stephen Amell pitch his voice so high during the flashbacks???

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

How does Stephen Amell pitch his voice so high during the flashbacks???
    Saw an interview on Kelly & Michael, and I was surprised to hear that high-pitched voice come naturally out of his mouth!

Heir to the Demon
    Episode 13
    02/05/14

Is Katie Cassidy who plays Laurel Lance anorexic it was positively scary looking how thin her arms, legs and face have become?

That being said I like the episode as it closed out a huge story arc with Oliver, Sarah, her dad Quentin and mom Dinah. All I can say is that Laurel Lance is one self absorbed, narrow minded, self centered, self righteous bitch. It's her way or the high way. In her fantasy world of her and Ollie moving in together, getting engaged and then married and thinking at that time and place he would remain faithful is a total fantasy. She basically egged her own sister into going off on a vaca with her boyfriend. However this revenge sex boat trip ended up putting both Ollie and Sarah through a crucible that molded their characters into what we see today, the Arrow and Black Canary.

This is a nicely crafted episode where we see even more of the backstory of the Black Canary and a little girl on girl kissing always a ratings draw. Sarah is back in town to help addicted to pills and alcohol Laurel who feels so much pain because of her wrecked and ruined life. After a harrowing episode of trying to rescue Dinah Lance, ex wife of ex Detective Quentin Lance and mom to both Laurel and Sarah and watching Dinah, Sarah and Quentin reunite as a family for the first time in 6 years what does Laurel do ... why she puts the blame for on Sarah for taking her boyfriend (Ollie) from her and destroying their parents marriage. I do think everyone who watched that scene both on screen and in the audience probably went huh ... and thought grow up little girl. Considering all the torture, torment, near death experiences that both Sarah and Ollie have been through listening to Laurel whine about Sarah is enough to make anyone want to vomit. Even dad, Quentin and mom, Dinah looked as if Laurel had lost her mind.

Interview:

Exclusive: Arrow Boss Sets the Record Straight on Black Canary Casting - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Implies that eventually Laurel becomes the Black Canary. I hope not. Maybe the Bronze Tiger will make a meal out of her. Seriously does anyone even like the character of Laurel Lance or Katie Cassidy?
    Coco46 likes this.

I guess there's one of the other reasons I have been unable to get into this show. Not only seeing Green Arrow actually killing people, in the first episode at that, but now listening to all this Black Canary thing, her supposedly being this Sara girl and now the implication of Laurel becoming Black Canary when honestly, being a comic book reader, the one Black Canary I'm used to is Dinah Lance, who's an amazing martial artist and has her "Canary Cry", the awesome supersonic scream. It's confusing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I guess there's one of the other reasons I have been unable to get into this show. Not only seeing Green Arrow actually killing people, in the first episode at that, but now listening to all this Black Canary thing, her supposedly being this Sara girl and now the implication of Laurel becoming Black Canary when honestly, being a comic book reader, the one Black Canary I'm used to is Dinah Lance, who's an amazing martial artist and has her "Canary Cry", the awesome supersonic scream. It's confusing me.
    The article I posted in post #98 explains from one of the show executives that they have the show set up to be the evolution of characters. That when Ollie came back from the island he really was not the Green Arrow yet he was The Hood and now The Arrow he still has not become The Green Arrow. That's what they did with the Tommy Merlyn/Dark Archer character and are doing with the Black Canary. That Sarah is not necessary the final evolution of who the Black Canary is.

+ Reply to Thread