+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 666 Park Avenue

Re: 666 Park Avenue

I'm enjoying the show, and with respect to the opinion that women don't go towards danger, I say nonsense. I came home once to find my apartment broken into - I grabbed the golf club I keep by the door and went in. Once I heard something rustling around down in the basement - I grabbed that same club and went and checked it out. And once I was cycling home from work when I was passed by a car driven by an idiot who had a large dog and open windows. The dog spied a smaller dog on the sidewalk, leapt out of the car, ran across three lanes of traffic, and attacked the small dog. I leapt off of my bike and whaled on that thing with my backpack until it let go and the idiot stopped his vehicle and came got his vicious cur.

Some women are capable of taking care of themselves.
    YorkieMom and jucamer like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

At this point, I'm torn about this show. It IS intriguing to watch, but now it's just getting too ridiculous in terms of Jane's motivation to stay, since she's the one who is "seeing" all these things. Is she so in love with their apartment or the building that she's willing to see frightening and threatening "hallucinations" every time she turns around? Henry almost got killed because of all the weirdness. Who wants to live like that? I hated that the reporter was killed, as well as her totally innocent and uninvolved editor.
    Florimel and inthegarden like this.

The smoke monster!!!!!!!

First we get John Locke (Terry O'Quinn) now the smoke monster.
    It seems like Lost just keeps living on on TV. So many great characters, actors & plot devices that keep getting reused.
    Florimel, mesachick and Alexxxx like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    The smoke monster!!!!!!!

First we get John Locke (Terry O'Quinn) now the smoke monster.
    It seems like Lost just keeps living on on TV. So many great characters, actors & plot devices that keep getting reused.
    That's exactly what I thought -- "The smoke monster is back!" Loved it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Sorry to follow up my own post, but with all the rumors about the imminent cancellation of the show, I read today that at least a couple of new episode scripts have been ordered for this show and for Last Resort. Apparently the ratings for both go up considerably when DVR recordings are factored in. We don't have a full season order yet, but there seems to be hope.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Yay! This last episode was my favorite yet. It's growing on me.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Sorry to follow up my own post, but with all the rumors about the imminent cancellation of the show, I read today that at least a couple of new episode scripts have been ordered for this show and for Last Resort. Apparently the ratings for both go up considerably when DVR recordings are factored in. We don't have a full season order yet, but there seems to be hope.
    Great news! I do record this, because its on at the same time as other things I like.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Great news! I do record this, because its on at the same time as other things I like.
    So do I and for the same reason. Plus, I frequently DVR some of my favorite shows because I want to view them more than once.

FORT Fogey

I thought at first that Nona (is that her name?) was the "ghost" of Olivia's daughter, but now it seems that is not the case. I wonder what the deal is with the grandmother, and if it's anything more than Nona not wanting anyone to know she doesn't have a grownup to take care of her.

At first, I thought the Grandma scene was going to be like Psycho! but she didn't appear to be dead.
    I like Henry (the character) but he has the oddest little pointy mouse face.....Googled him and saw that he looks so much better w/facial hair.

+ Reply to Thread