+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 666 Park Avenue

Re: 666 Park Avenue

Apparently, the sponsors seem to think that only those who fall in to their desired demographic deserved to be entertained. Chalk up another one for the corporate greed that is destroying our society. If they do not think I'm part of the audience they want, I have no problem fast forwarding through their commercials by whatever means I have at hand.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

They should move it over to FX or one of those networks. American Horror Story would never have lasted or had the fan base it does if it wasn't on FX.
    Ellen and Florimel like this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

[QUOTE=buglover;4570373]They should move it over to FX or one of those networks. American Horror Story would never have lasted or had the fan base it does if it wasn't on FX.[/QUOTE]
    Excellent idea, buglover!
    I love this show...it's great and since I record everything...I'm never troubled by when something is on and what they advertise.
    Can't wait for American Horror Story starts.........soon!!

I'm also still enjoying the show, but apparantly the ratings are going down, so I'm not going to get too attached.
    What is it with the 9:00 Sunday slot. The earlier slots do great, but for some reason this is a trouble spot.
    The way I see it, I already have the TV on. It's already on ABC from the 2 previous shows. It's Sunday evening, so I'm always home. It's dark, so I'm inside. It's a no brainer to watch the next show unless it's really a bore or dreadful, neither of which apply to this show.
    Ever since Brothers & Sisters left nothing seems to stick. We've lost Pan Am, GCB, & now this one seems to be next.

I'll be there 'till the bitter end if there ends up being one.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

*sigh* I loved Pan Am... 666? Not so much. I watched three episodes and I'm finished. Since when does a woman go TOWARD danger, heading to the basement whenever possible, and not away from it? Many plot points bothered me, as well. This show is just too weird for me.
    march likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    *sigh* I loved Pan Am... 666? Not so much. I watched three episodes and I'm finished. Since when does a woman go TOWARD danger, heading to the basement whenever possible, and not away from it? Many plot points bothered me, as well. This show is just too weird for me.
    That was exactly why I had a problem with this show....I still love it but I keep saying to DH, "Since when does a young woman go down to the creepy basement in the middle of the night alone?"
    I know we're supposed to think that women are equal to men in every single aspect (yeah, right) but that's ridiculous. I doubt a lot of men would do that either!
    they cover it by making it a "dream" but doesn't make sense to me.
    march likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

9pm Sunday is The Good Wife time for me, so this never had a chance...even though I also love T O'Q. I guess I'll have to settle for seeing him off and on on Hawaii 5-0.

I thought the same about her stupidity, but isn't that what happens in all horror/thriller films? Then the creepy music starts and that's the signal that someone is going to get dead.

I have to admit that I might not continue to watch if not for Terry O'Quinn. He makes things interesting for me, and he's so good at playing a powerful character quietly understated.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I thought the same about her stupidity, but isn't that what happens in all horror/thriller films? Then the creepy music starts and that's the signal that someone is going to get dead.
    Very true....we've always had the good looking female who walks right into trouble and we're all screaming, Don't open the door!! but she does and then she dies.
    But I think this one has a longer contract!

I never get that worried when she wanders off into the darkest, haunted corridor because she has this down-to-earth, invulnerable attitude. I think she's totally in the world of right-thinking "reality" and therefore is immune to the spirit world. The people I worry about are the worriers and highly sensitive or anxious people, who are already afraid--

I'm definitely getting more into this show. I hope it doesn't get cancelled!

+ Reply to Thread