+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 666 Park Avenue

FORT Fogey

Re: 666 Park Avenue

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think it has delivered, so far! Those "Hitchcock starlings" made me jump! I don't l know that it's meant to be scary so much as eerie, creepy, and mysterious.

And Vanessa takes women shopping for $4,000 dresses; she took the woman, Danielle, shopping just like she did the female manager. We didn't get to see what dress she got. Disappointing! Those dresses are significant! Wonder if it was red??
    Wasn't she wearing the dress on her "date"? And on another note about that date, Gavin knew the guy was married and he deliberately fixed them up so she would kill him at the end. Wonder if all the men she killed over the years were also perceived enemies of Gavin's.

I like this show - it's a cross between a dark "Fantasy Island" and in a way a bit like "Dark Shadows" but not in a dark setting.

But I do admit I miss "Pan Am."

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I like this show - it's a cross between a dark "Fantasy Island" and in a way a bit like "Dark Shadows" but not in a dark setting.

But I do admit I miss "Pan Am."
    Like I said last week. Its like an evil Love Boat.
    Ellen likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I wonder if KleptoGirl is going to turn out to be the "dead" daughter of Vanessa Williams's character...
    YorkieMom likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm really liking this show. It's creepy and they're keeping the blood and gore to a minimum which pleases me immensely.
    Terry O'Quinn is perfect for this part...have liked him in everything from X Files to Millennium to Lost...so glad he's getting such good parts. He's an excellent actor.
    Poor Vanessa Williams went from a ho-hum part in Desperate Housewives to the same kind of part here. Loved her in Ugly Betty.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Now you see... I'm completely lost!!!! I'm trying to base my options to watch or not to watch on the comments here... and I haven't a clue what dresses have to do with the show. I'm all for a good shopping spree... but creepy and fancy dresses.. I'm NOT making the connection. The suspense isn't getting the best of me.... YET.
    I fear that, by the time you get around to deciding to watch the show, it will be just about over, and there may not be reruns! Why are you depriving yourself??? I know people like that, but they are usually nuns or some other kinds of "holies"!!

Now, I've got to go back and look at the dress that Danielle was wearing on her non-date. Don't remember it being anything eyecatching or surprising.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

At first I thought this show was going to be very straight-forward and kinda boring: haunted motel where Terry is an evil dude that makes pacts for the Devil or something along those lines (every week). BUT, it appears that the first episode was basically filler and now we are getting to the interesting parts...Terry and Vanessa might not be bad guys after all, there is a 'concept' of justice, we might have an unexpected hero (Henry), etc... This is the type of show I want to tune in for!!!

Show's good, but it's falling in the 9 p.m. ABC slot curse of low ratings. It's already on the watch for being canceled.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Say It Ain't So!!!!! This is too good to let go!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thats why I hate to get attached to a show, if the right demographics don't like it, its off
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread