+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 666 Park Avenue

Re: 666 Park Avenue

I was intrigued by the characters and wondered exactly what would draw them into even considering signing their souls away-- even given that this is no reality show-- but I think that's the draw-- trying to figure out whether the guy-- who is obviously the one whose susceptible -- gets drawn in or the woman figures out the mystery and puts enough obstacles in the way, so that the two of them escape.

On the other hand, maybe the show needs a few more long-term characters. If everyone else is just there for a brief turn and then disappears or dies in some horrific way, it could get awfully repetitive.

I'm curious, but not totally convinced.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It was interesting that the woman who kept killing her lovers was actually much older than she appeared. Her investment was selling her soul to keep her beauty. She can't seem to find a man who wants to stay with her!

Looking forward to seeing who the young girl's parents are....the girl who keeps stealing things and warns the female manager that "somebody" in the building keeps taking things. I think she has been there, like the female murderer, a very long time.

I am really enjoying this show!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    BUT, once you check in you can never check out!!!!!!
    Kind of like Hotel California. "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Now that song will be going through my mind all day.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Do you really think this show was meant to be believable? It's just meant to be fun!
    I want scary! I haven't watched yet. I'm waiting for more reviews... then I'll decide. The idea of the show I like... but I don't think they will deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Kind of like Hotel California. "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Now that song will be going through my mind all day.
    Thanks a lot.... it will be going through my mind too!!!!!

I love scary and spooky! I never have nightmares or dreams etc. Now Mr Mare , that's another story
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think it has delivered, so far! Those "Hitchcock starlings" made me jump! I don't l know that it's meant to be scary so much as eerie, creepy, and mysterious.

And Vanessa takes women shopping for $4,000 dresses; she took the woman, Danielle, shopping just like she did the female manager. We didn't get to see what dress she got. Disappointing! Those dresses are significant! Wonder if it was red??
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think it has delivered, so far! Those "Hitchcock starlings" made me jump! I don't l know that it's meant to be scary so much as eerie, creepy, and mysterious.

And Vanessa takes women shopping for $4,000 dresses; she took the woman, Danielle, shopping just like she did the female manager. We didn't get to see what dress she got. Disappointing! Those dresses are significant! Wonder if it was red??
    Now you see... I'm completely lost!!!! I'm trying to base my options to watch or not to watch on the comments here... and I haven't a clue what dresses have to do with the show. I'm all for a good shopping spree... but creepy and fancy dresses.. I'm NOT making the connection. The suspense isn't getting the best of me.... YET.

FORT Fogey

So far they really haven't given Vanessa Williams much to do except take the women shopping and compliment the pot roast.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to stick with this one. I HATE creepy and ghoulish, but I love watching Terry O'Quinn; he is his customarily excellent self in this. I keep thinking that his character is not "the boss," but that maybe he's the first one to have sold his soul for what he wants and everything he does is his own pay back.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread