+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 666 Park Avenue

Re: 666 Park Avenue

It wasn't bad. It kept my attention. I will give it a few more weeks.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I DVRd the show and watched the premiere episode last night.

I'm not sure about this show. Hmmm..... I think I'll give it one more try before I decide to become a regular.

666 Park Avenue might just be a tad too weird/disturbing for me to watch week after week. It's one thing to watch a movie like: Rosemary's Baby etc but to have a weekly diet of this kind of show may not be all that entertaining. Ya know?
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'll agree that it's not for everybody. I guess it goes, without saying, that you are not a True Blood fan?

What bothers me more is movies about things that could happen and really make you think.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm most definitely NOT a True Blood fan, nor any other vampire show fan. I really don't like them and probably wouldn't have even looked at 666 if it didn't star Terry O'Quinn. Vanessa Williams is a good actress, but she's not enough to draw me in to a show. So far, I'm enjoying it. If it gets too ghoulish and bloody, I'll probably stop watching. I do not think Terry's character is the fictional devil, but I think it's his job to gather souls for whoever is his boss. I did love that red dress!!!!!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm most definitely NOT a True Blood fan, nor any other vampire show fan. I really don't like them and probably wouldn't have even looked at 666 if it didn't star Terry O'Quinn. Vanessa Williams is a good actress, but she's not enough to draw me in to a show. So far, I'm enjoying it. If it gets too ghoulish and bloody, I'll probably stop watching. I do not think Terry's character is the fictional devil, but I think it's his job to gather souls for whoever is his boss. I did love that red dress!!!!!
    I agree with you that going too goulish or bloody will put me off.
    I think they did a very good job of keeping that at bay. Even the elevator scene managed to not be too gruesome, just upsetting.
    The "hauling off to their doom" scenes reminded me a lot of the way it was done in Ghost. I liked it there & I liked it on this too.
    As long at they can tread that line & still have interesting stories & characters, I'm in. If it becomes a totally upsetting or a gross out, I'm out.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

The ONLY vampire show I like is True Blood, or the old black-and- white Bela Lugosi movies! Fun! Fun!! Fun!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I gave this show two chances, but it's too creepy for me. Everyone in that building is obviously weird, and at least Jane should know that by now. She should pack up Henry and get the hell out!
    march likes this.

BUT, once you check in you can never check out!!!!!!

And I've always wondered what the heck is wrong with David Anabelle's mouth? It's like he's had a little stroke that affected one side, and he's all mumbly.

Somebody, upthread said something about the sound quality, and I agree. It's not good. Have to use the closed captions quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree. Totally for fun .
    and spooky!

I like the fun, spooky, "Hitchcock-iness" (in the sense of suspense / psychological drama) here and there of this show.
    But I have to DVR it and watch it later -- I'm a vivid dreamer, and watching 666 Park before bedtime gives me wacko nightmares!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread