+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 666 Park Avenue

Re: 666 Park Avenue

I enjoyed it, not quite as much as Last Resort and Revolution, but enough to keep watching and see how the story develops. It kind of reminds me of a serious version of the musical, Damn Yankees. Terry O'Quinn is enough for me to give it chance.

I do like the name, again for nostalgic reasons. It reminds me 666 Fifth Avenue, another iconic building in NYC, which house a wonderful find dining restaurant called Top of the Sixes. I ate many a delicious mean there. It was frequented by the power brokers and social set of the time. As you've probably guessed, the restaurant was on the top floor. Giant red letters, 666, was prominent on the roof and could be seen for miles. Some things you don't forget no matter how many years later. :
    Ellen likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The show started off kind of slow for me, too. But given the cast and writers, I'm very willing to give this one a few more weeks to see what unfolds.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    The show started off kind of slow for me, too. But given the cast and writers, I'm very willing to give this one a few more weeks to see what unfolds.
    That's how I feel Ellen I haven't totally written it off, and I don't love it 100%. I will give it a couple more episodes.
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I liked it and hope it continues. I really enjoy a spooky story, without a lot of blood and guts so I have hope.
    While watching it, I realized that we've come a long way (baby) that now a show has the female lead doing all the things that men used to do.
    Personally, I don't know a lot of women who'd chase someone in a staircase, go into the scary parts of an old building, in the middle of the night.
    Think I'd find it more believable if the husband and wife both investigated all the weird stuff....maybe in time, they will.
    Did anyone else find the sound to be odd....seemed like all the voices were at a low rumble-y mumble-y frequency.

I felt that it told too much too soon. I like some suspense and spine tingling in my spooky shows! This really dumped the whole premise on you and that takes all the fun out of it.
    The head guy running the place could also be a mafia don--he just seems regular evil and conniving. I may watch it again because I hope the tone changes up somehow.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I liked it! It reminded me of an old black and white movie I saw a few years ago called (I think) The Devil and Daniel Webster. The guy that owns the hotel is not the devil, but I think he is a procurer of souls in exchange for what they think they want most in life. In the end, you pay and you pay BIG. Early in the show, wasn't something said about having to take the woman to get access to "Henry"? Sounds, to me, like they really want the man. I can't wait to see this story unfold! And that red dress that Vanessa bought for the woman.....very significant, but don't ask me how!!! I think I saved the recording so that I can watch it again! Can't believe that they don't have an encore of this show this week, even if there's only 1 encore this season.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I want that red dress...
    ::sigh::
    ...and an occasion/place to wear it.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought it was okay. I'm not a fan of spooky, ghost-y stuff, but I like Dave Annable, Terry O'Quinn and Robert Buckley. I'll probably watch again, but I don't think it's going to be a big fave of mine.
    Same here. Parts of it were a bit too unbelievable. Will watch again though to see if it gets better.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Do you really think this show was meant to be believable? It's just meant to be fun!
    Florimel, cavendish and Coco46 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Do you really think this show was meant to be believable? It's just meant to be fun!
    I agree. Totally for fun .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread