+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 666 Park Avenue

Re: 666 Park Avenue

I'm glad the rest of you have chosen to stick with this show too. It's grown on me & keeps getting better. I like that we're learning more about the characters. It's making the show much more interesting.
    The show has gone from "the TV's on already & on that channel, so what the heck" to Must-See-or-Tape.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

FORT Fogey

How the heck does Henry think he's going to hold a political office in NYC if they move to NJ? That made no sense.

I still want to know whose head was in that gift-wrapped box!

AlwaysVeg, the head was of the guy who cheated Gavin....the one Gavin put into that alter life in the Drake with all the doors leading to nowhere. When Gavin found him ready hang himself, Gavin said, I just thought of a way I can use you.
    So his head went to that other guy trying to do him in, who has the box stolen from Gavin's safe.
    Vanessa, or whatever her character is named, knows that something should not be let out of the box....who knows what but it apparently almost killed the guy who stole it.
    Henry is getting an ego from that PR girl and Gavin. I was surprised he didn't believe Jane...altho I see romance w/the cop and Jane.
    The blood on the doctors chest was $50,000 "carved" into his skin by Gavin...how much he lent the doctor.
    Hope that helps.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Now, see, I thought that Gavin was making the guy hang himself. I am soooo lost!!! Going to watch the last episode again. Thank goodness I recorded it and didn't erase it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    AlwaysVeg, the head was of the guy who cheated Gavin....the one Gavin put into that alter life in the Drake with all the doors leading to nowhere. When Gavin found him ready hang himself, Gavin said, I just thought of a way I can use you.
    So his head went to that other guy trying to do him in, who has the box stolen from Gavin's safe.
    Vanessa, or whatever her character is named, knows that something should not be let out of the box....who knows what but it apparently almost killed the guy who stole it.
    Henry is getting an ego from that PR girl and Gavin. I was surprised he didn't believe Jane...altho I see romance w/the cop and Jane.
    The blood on the doctors chest was $50,000 "carved" into his skin by Gavin...how much he lent the doctor.
    Hope that helps.
    Wow, thanks Dragonlady for all the info! At first I thought the head was that guy, but then it didn't seem to look like him. Yikes! Gavin will stop at nothing. I figured the guy was trying to hang himself because he knew there was no way out. I totally missed that the blood spelled out the amount of money. I think I avert my eyes for a second here and there, so I miss things! Yes, I don't like the way that Henry is going, but the naive fool is playing right into Gavin's hands. I like that Jane is getting an ally in the police detective. Oh, and BTW, it seems Olivia knew that Gavin killed the guy and put his head in the box, since Gavin told the other guy that the gift wrap was Olivia's idea. I just keep trying to figure out how much she knows about what's really going on with her hubby.Maybe this particular "revenge murder" was okay with her because the guy was behind her almost being killed.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 11-06-2012 at 11:42 AM.

This show is ok for me but I find myself only interested in Gavin and completely bored by Jane (I also find her annoying). It probably helps that Terry O'Quinn is just so amazingly brilliant--he mages to be creepy, intriguing, sympathetic, complex and every other conceivable emotion in just one scene--it makes whatever he does incredinly interesting...even if he's just standing still! There aren't many actors that are this talented and I still wonder how the folks in casting for Lost managed to get two powerhouses for the characters of John Locke and Ben Linus...can you say jackpot?
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.

I agree that Terry O'Quinn makes this show. Casting him on Lost was a no-brainer since he'd already worked for J. J. Abrams on Alias.

Michael Emerson was the real find because most of his work was in theater an a high percentage of his stage roles were comedic. He was on tv in The Practiceon TV, but that wasn't one I watched. Ben Linus was originally supposed to be on Lost for only three episodes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I agree that Terry O'Quinn makes this show. Casting him on Lost was a no-brainer since he'd already worked for J. J. Abrams on Alias.

Michael Emerson was the real find because most of his work was in theater an a high percentage of his stage roles were comedic. He was on tv in The Practiceon TV, but that wasn't one I watched. Ben Linus was originally supposed to be on Lost for only three episodes.
    I didn't know that about Emerson...the lost casting folks= !! Both Emerson and O'Quinn are in another league as far as Im concerned...I found myself always looking forward to their scenes in Lost (I also felt this way about Mitchell's character until she became lovesick over Sawyer...some of her earlier scenes were downright brilliant!) and when something wack happened, like say mr smoke monster, I was like "oh gah just go ahead and eat/pulverize/whatever someone and get me back to Ben's crazy a!s!"

I recently started Alias but I am still in Season 1...I will happily skip to wherever Mr. O'Quinn is if someone could point me in the right direction (since Im finding myself a bit bored already).

If 666 stays around I wonder if they will adjust the storyline and focus more and more on the history of the Drake and Gavin...I feel like the story and pace of the show could improve dramatically if they just used Gavin as a nucleus to power the entire plot instead of forcing a dynamic/plot between them and Jane/Henry. Plus, did I mention already that Jane is uber boring?

Sidenote--sorry for some of my posts lately--Ive been using my phone and sometimes words end up a bit mangled, not to mention the omission of entire phrases from time to time...apologies!
    Last edited by mindy384; 11-06-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Mindy, if I remember correctly Terry O'Quinn's first appearance in Alias was sometime during season 2. He was a recurring character who also appeared in seasons 3 and 4, but I don't recall which episodes. Hope this helps.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate it when people refer to shows/people with whom I have no familiarity!!! It leaves me totally out of the loop!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread