+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 666 Park Avenue

FORT Fogey

Re: 666 Park Avenue

Well, I'm not sure! Maybe I'M naive! There could be perfectly innocent reasons for taking ladies shopping and buying J & H costumes. She just didn't seem evil at all when she offered to take the ladies shopping to pick out dresses that men would find attractive on them. They really don't have her doing much except shopping so far (until she was "kidnapped").

I see Vanessa Williams's character as one who may have started out na´ve-ish when she first met or married Locke, but dismissed the "truth" as she quickly fell in love with the lifestyle he provides. (...can't say I blame her...) She's not stupid; I think she's planning, at least on and off, on how to use this whole situation to her advantage.
    Florimel likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That kind of sounds like a typical character that she would play. She's got to make him pay for their(?) daughter's death.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

We really haven't seen them plotting anything nefarious together or talking about anything related to his dirty dealings and schemes ... have we? Maybe I missed it. So far, he just seems to indulge her as a spoiled trophy wife. I know there's more to her, though. We just haven't seen that part of her yet. Bwaaaaahaha!

Perhaps I'm wrong, but she seems very much in the know to me. She is a master manipulator with a charming facade, but I see a lot of the schemer behind her eyes. Vanessa Williams plays that kind of character very, very well. I've even thought she might be the real power behind the throne, but perhaps that's carrying it a bit too far. She and Terry O'Quinn have really good acting chemistry between them.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Ok, so now I'm ready to admit that I don't have a clue as to what the hell is going on on this show!
    !
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

See, she doesn't really know! She knows a tiny amount compared to what Gavin is really up to!

What was that blood coming from the doctor's chest? Was it like Gavin psychically stabbed him or something? And whose head was in the box that Gavin gave Shaw? I usually record this show and watch it some other time, but I watched it tonight and was really tired due to change to Standard Time, so I think I missed things. Did we know that Gavin had rescued her from an obsessed lover, or was that new information? Who is he?

I haven't seen tonight episode so can't comment on that.
    I see Vanessa's character as a very intelligent person. IMO and imagination, I don't think she knew all about Gavin's "powers." I think she began to get some good insights into mysterious and always good for them goings-on.
    I don't think she really wants to know the truth. She loves this guy, have had a lot of years together, had a child and life is darn good. Don't think she wants to delve into the whole thing and know what's up.
    Love this show and look forward to watching it.

It wouldn't surprise me if I was wrong but, in (I think) the first episode of the show, didn't Olivia say to Gavin something (when discussing Henry and Jane) about "we had to take her to get him." That just seemed very ominous to me, which is why I thought that they were in this evilness together.....and when she insisted on buying Jane that $4,000 gorgeous red gown, that seemed like a red flag to me! If you don't have a hidden agenda, why would you do something like that?

I am befuddled!

FORT Fogey

Count me in the befuddled group, too! I wish they WOULD go back to Indiana, but we know that isn't going to happen.

+ Reply to Thread