+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Elementary

CCL

Elementary

Anybody watch tonight? Thoughts?
    I liked it. I thought the chemistry between the two leads was good; Lucy Liu came into her own in the second half. The rice twist was good.
    Holmes reminded me of the House version of Holmes rather than the BBC version.
    Plus Aidan Quinn!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Re: Elementary

I liked it, too. (Then again, it's nice to have a show built around the concept of "paying attention", something that both my son and husband have trouble with.) It's an interesting premise for the basis of a show (him as a recovering addict, her as a addict's companion), but I wonder why no one commented on either of their names?

I love Aidan Quinn :-)

Oh, if you're on Twitter, they're tweeting at https://twitter.com/elementary_cbs. I don't know if they'll do it every week or not.

I liked it too. Much better than I expected.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I liked it too. Much better than I expected.

I also agree with CCL that Lucy Liu came into her own in the 2nd half of the show. Interesting show. I'm sure it will compete with something else eventually, but so far I'd watch it. Not quite a must see though.
    I missed how he'd gotten hooked up with NY police... is he still working for free?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I missed how he'd gotten hooked up with NY police... is he still working for free?
    Um...I think so? (Sorry...I'm not remembering that part well, so I'm not going to try.)

Holmes worked with the Captain when Holmes was with Scotland Yard. They never really said why they worked together there.
    As for the rice....I really like to try and figure out the plot. I figured the phone was in the rice, but did not know why. I thought the dead guy just hid it there for some unknown reason.
    There's no place like home!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Holmes worked with the Captain when Holmes was with Scotland Yard. They never really said why they worked together there.
    As for the rice....I really like to try and figure out the plot. I figured the phone was in the rice, but did not know why. I thought the dead guy just hid it there for some unknown reason.
    Thanks for the police info!

Not sure if you are asking for info on the phone. He'd left it in his pocket and put it in the wash...and then went into a (steroid) rage at the washing machine, that's why it was turned over. Put it in the rice to dry it. I put a few grains of rice in my salt shakers in our humid summers--makes a big difference, but does look a little odd as the grains age...like there are larvae in your salt kind of. A trick I learned during the pre monsoon season the year I lived in Karachi as a kid.

I liked the show last night. Both actors were okay. I did find Holmes's English accent a little hard to follow as he spoke his lines rather fast at times. Kind of like the difference in Mexican Spanish and Cuban. I will continue to watch Elementary, especially if the story lines are interesting. Love Aiden Quinn! Hope we see him more and more in future episodes.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

No, I won't be watching. I do like Jonny Lee Miller, but for me, Sherlock Holmes belongs in the time and place Conan Doyle put him.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    No, I won't be watching. I do like Jonny Lee Miller, but for me, Sherlock Holmes belongs in the time and place Conan Doyle put him.
    Many an argument between DH and myself over this. I adore Jeremy Brett's Holmes, he like Basil Rathbone (Nazis anyone? No!), but I have to admit to liking "Sherlock", though it really isn't truly Sherlock Holmes.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast