+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Elementary

Derek is the best!!! Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: Elementary

Holmes reminds me of a combination- Columbo & House! I am really starting to like this show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

for me it's a combo of Patrick Jane and House.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    for me it's a combo of Patrick Jane and House.
    But there is a little House there. I am so glad someone else sees that.
    I love Aidan Quinn, he's managed to stay sexy as he ages ( sigh)
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

most def - especially in some of his mannerisms. He's not quite bumbling enough for columbo. imo.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

That's true. He is more decisive than Columbo, I thought he had his moment's though.

I was glad he picked up his violin.
    -Andy Rooney-

I really hadn't planned on giving this show the time of day, much less liking it. The whole concept of Sherlock Holmes in modern time, Watson being a woman, much less Lucy Liu, just put me off. Sounded stupid.

But it's on right after Person of Interest & I just left the channel on last week. I liked it, but still didn't plan to bother much with it.
    Once again this week I just left the channel on & was using it as background noise, & once again I really liked it. That's 2 for 2. I'm impressed.

I guess I accept that I really like this show. I plan to deliberately leave the channel on & keep watching.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

I've really liked both episodes. And I'm pretty sure they're going to find a way to get around that whole "I'm a companion for 6 weeks" thing ;-)

I'm enjoying the show - I think, but I would like to see Johnny soften his character so that I feel some compassion or likeability for his version of Sherlock. Must be comparing him to those that have gone before him, but I find it challenging to "Like" his portrayal of Sherlock. Too many rough edges I think.....
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

PWS
    FORT Fogey

CCL, if you've never read any mysteries by Rex Stout or Agatha Christie but you have read and liked other things in the Sherlock Holmes genre you should try them. Rex Stout's hero, brilliant and peculiar Nero Wolfe, and his "muscle", Archie Goodwin, function in the middle of the last century so is relatively "modern" but not very bloody, while Agatha Christie wrote British "cozies" ...more puzzles to decipher than blood and guts stories with detectives that ranged from professionals like Poirot to little old ladies in the British countryside like Miss Marple...set in the early 1900's. Like Sherlock Holmes, they were written IN the period of the stories rather than by someone looking back today.

But back to this show, I've already read a ton of variations on Sherlock, and like this one with the female Watson. Didn't expect to like Lucy Liu in the role but am. We still have a few more weeks before they have to expand the companion thing...maybe he will "relapse" on purpose once she leaves so her contract gets extended.

I love the Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law - watched the first one yesterday again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast