+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Last Resort on ABC

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Last Resort on ABC

Did anyone catch the series premiere tonight?

DH & I have been looking forward to this and we both liked it a lot. So many possibilities on where things could head; I can't wait to see where it goes!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Re: Last Resort on ABC

Very good. Andre Braugher was excellent.
    Unfortunately the whole episode was given away in previews & pre-show synopsis.
    Still, it kept my interest & was well enough done to definitely bring me back next week to see what happens next.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I saw it and liked it very much. Andre Braugher was superb. The pilot gripped me from the start and held my attention. Definitely looking forward to more.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

We'll be watching this one. Very early bedtime in our home so I appreciate the 8 PM shows. Most of the new ones I'm interested in are 10 PM and that's out of the question for us.

Just caught the rebroadcast and really liked it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm confused. Who is the seductress? Is she working for a secret cabal wanting to overthrow the U.S. gov't?

I'm not sure I liked the ending, with the Captain stating that the Island would probably be home. Also, they've got internal conflict with the Seals and the local over-lord. Will these be distractions to the storyline?

Who did the over-lord throw in the back of the truck? At least we know something happened on the Seal mission because the drinking guy said "it" was all his fault that they killed the wrong people.

D.C. in turmoil with military leaders resigning, yet the President remains in power, but under thread of recall. I do hope we get some back story on all the political ramifications in D.C.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Great show. First new show I liked. Hope it keeps me interested each week.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm confused. Who is the seductress? Is she working for a secret cabal wanting to overthrow the U.S. gov't?

I'm not sure I liked the ending, with the Captain stating that the Island would probably be home. Also, they've got internal conflict with the Seals and the local over-lord. Will these be distractions to the storyline?
    Who did the over-lord throw in the back of the truck? At least we know something happened on the Seal mission because the drinking guy said "it" was all his fault that they killed the wrong people.

D.C. in turmoil with military leaders resigning, yet the President remains in power, but under thread of recall. I do hope we get some back story on all the political ramifications in D.C.
    The two people in the back of the truck were two of the soldiers (the woman soldier who had earlier said she was not
    being sexually harassed on board and then danced with sunglasses on. Not sure who the man was).
    The captain character was interesting. I think he's got some hidden motives; while he did not want to annihilate Pakistan, which paints him as good, some of his actions didn't seem so "pure". Looks like they're setting it up for him to be the one who wants to stay versus Speedman wanting to return home (and why doesn't the Captain want to go home?) and that will be a recurring tension.
    I thought they were going to be on some sort of deserted island. I liked that that wasn't the case (though I don't know why NATO would have a base on a pacific island).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Is anyone else still watching this? I'm catching it On Demand. I'm really enjoying the show and especially the fact that there is so much gray with respect to the characters. Andre Braugher really is excellent. I so didn't see the fact that the Captain's son had died from friendly fire coming when the COB announced it. It made a lot of sense in the storyline after he did though.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Last Resort on ABC

We're still watching, but we are about three episodes behind. It's just been busy here but we plan on catching up this weekend.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast