+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 2012 Emmy Awards

FORT Fanatic

Re: 2012 Emmy Awards

I'm watching football, but reading about the Emmys. I wanted Jim Parsons to win.

I wanted someone who hasn't won before for Best Actor in a Comedy to win. I don't really think Jon Cryer was the best this year.

VERY disappointed that Peter Dinklage didn't win. I don't watch Breaking Bad, but no one can convince me that PD wasn't the best in that category this year. He not only can play the big, emotional moments, but he plays whose subtle, quiet moments like no one else. I'm really bummed about that one.

Happy for Claire Danes and Damian Lewis! I LOVE Homeland. If Jon Hamm and Michael C. Hall weren't going to win, I'm glad Damian won. I think this bodes very well for Homeland, especially since this last season of Mad Men wasn't up to par, IMO.

I agree that The Amazing Race is a great show, but I REALLY wish another show would win.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I am watching. I was so happy to see Aaron Paul win for Breaking Bad. I think he just a phenomenal actor & the show is one of the best, if not the best I have ever seen.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I hated the opening sequence, esp. whomever was on the seat in the bathroom.
    Hated Jimmy Kimmel trying to do his take on the In Memoriam. Not funny.
    And who actually thought it would be funny to do a takeoff on Breaking Bad using the old Andy Griffith Show?!!
    Extremely bad taste esp. in light of Andy Griffith's death this year.
    Sorry to go on so, but I think they could have done a lot better with Jimmy Fallon.
    If Kimmel is writing this stuff, he needs to stop.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Boy, Tom Berringer sure goes on....and on and on.

Ron Howard getting choked up talking about Andy Griffith Leading into the In Memoriam segment.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I hated the opening sequence, esp. whomever was on the seat in the bathroom.
    Hated Jimmy Kimmel trying to do his take on the In Memoriam. Not funny.
    And who actually thought it would be funny to do a takeoff on Breaking Bad using the old Andy Griffith Show?!!
    Extremely bad taste esp. in light of Andy Griffith's death this year.
    Sorry to go on so, but I think they could have done a lot better with Jimmy Fallon.
    If Kimmel is writing this stuff, he needs to stop.
    I thought it was me I gave it a big
    norealityhere likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I love Jimmy Kimmel. I thought it was all hilarious. Different strokes.
    JLuvs, Rattus and KrazeeKy07 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    SO happy to see Kathy Bates in that opening skit!
    Wasn't that cool ! I loved seeing her. But the skit itself . Not too good

I'm totally watching by myself, aren't I?
    I am watching it and ANTM . At one time I wouldnt have missed the Emmy awards. Now
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

It just makes me smile that Danny Strong won for writing....that geeky little dude who tried to mess with Buffy back in the day. Too bad they didn't lower the microphone for him.
    Critical likes this.

Yay, Danny Strong! Jonathan won an Emmy! (<---- proof of complete Buffy geekdom)

Julianne Moore is stunning. I don't love that color or the dress, but she is gorgeous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast