+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Revolution - Monday 10PM EST

Revolution - Monday 10PM EST

Did anyone else catch the pilot of "Revolution" last night?

It's a show set place outside Chicago 15 years after all power goes out and people are back into farming to survive. Lots of questions about why the power went out and possibly how to get it back on for everyone. Of course there are bad guys around, many in the form of the militia... We enjoyed it and will definitely watch again.

Summary here:
    'Revolution' Premiere: Characters Seek Answers To Power Outage, But Do Some Know Already? (VIDEO)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Revolution - Monday 10PM EST

I watched it since it was a new show and there wasn't anything else on I planned to watch.

It was ok. I didn't like that we weren't told why the power went out. The episode started with the characters being thrown into the situation, then the next thing you know it was like 12 or 14 years later.

Why didn't the dad get with his brother, Miles, earlier? It didn't seem like the daughter had to walk too long to get to him so they must have lived fairly close to each other. How could he know after all that time that his brother was still in the same place? A lot can happen in 5 years under ideal circumstances. With their being no power and people scrambling for supplies, I would think it's possible his brother might have moved around in the 10+ years.

I noticed the girl was wearing makeup. I realize that you can make your own makeup from minerals, or maybe she stole a stash from a store after the blackout but I find both of those scenarios unlikely. Why even bother wearing makeup, especially when it might attract attention from lawless men?

I have to wonder how the brother with asthma has lived this long since he gets severe asthma attacks from very little. I would think maybe he stays indoors all the time but the first asthma attack he had on the show happened inside. Which reminds me...how did their old house get on its side???? No bombs were dropped during the blackout. Was it a raised-level house and the beams supporting it gave out? In 10 years??? I don't know, just seemed strange to me.

I'm afraid this show is going to go the way of Jericho and Lost for me. The premise was enough to get me to tune in initially but with so many questions raised and so few answers given, I think I'll quickly lose interest.
    Kip likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I was disappointed with the first episode. I was really looking forward to this show. The premise sounded interesting, but like you, Pikachu, I found that so many of the story details didn't make sense. The dad didn't want his daughter to go any farther than the street they lived on, and then he wants her to go to Chicago. I thought the next several episodes would be the daughter making her way to Chicago, and several more episodes finding her uncle. It looked like Chicago was an easy 2-day walk away. If that was the case, why hadn't the development the group lived in been overrun with the hordes from Chicago who, 15 years ago, would have been streaming out of the city in search of food. I shook my head in disbelief when the first person they talked to in Chicago was the uncle.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    The dad didn't want his daughter to go any farther than the street they lived on, and then he wants her to go to Chicago. I thought the next several episodes would be the daughter making her way to Chicago, and several more episodes finding her uncle. It looked like Chicago was an easy 2-day walk away. If that was the case, why hadn't the development the group lived in been overrun with the hordes from Chicago who, 15 years ago, would have been streaming out of the city in search of food. I shook my head in disbelief when the first person they talked to in Chicago was the uncle.
    Exactly! The whole thing made no sense. Plus they never did delve into how and when the mother died. The father said she was killed outside but didn't mention if an animal attacked her, the militia got her, or what. Very sloppy storytelling.

The whole thing about her uncle being the first person she talked to and Nate being part of the militia was too predictable.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I enjoyed it... I tend to look past some of the things that aren't logical and just enjoy the show for what it is. With as many questions that I have about the show, I will invest my time in it, because I know eventually I'll get the answers. Plus anything with Billy Burke, I love. Underrated actor.
    march, Florimel, Katydyd and 3 others like this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I watched it since it was a new show and there wasn't anything else on I planned to watch.

I'm afraid this show is going to go the way of Jericho and Lost for me. The premise was enough to get me to tune in initially but with so many questions raised and so few answers given, I think I'll quickly lose interest.
    Exactly.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Meh!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I liked it and will continue to watch. I think we will find out the reason for the blackout sometime during this first season. People wore makeup long before we had electricity, so I see no problem with that. I'm just interested in the story so far, but wish NBC had chosen to air it in a better time slot. As a new show, it has too much popular competition to fight -- Monday night football, Castle, and Hawaii Five-0.
    Coco46 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think I'll give it another chance. It isn't one that I'll be upset if I miss or if it gets bumped on the DVR list.

I watched it because it was the only thing on - and it came on right after The Voice I had planned to finish up the dishes and then turn off the TV, but it grabbed my attention enough to watch to the end. I'm with you RealityChick, I watch TV to escape and be entertained, so with a show like this, I tend not to look too closely and just enjoy the ride. There was definitely enough there that I'll tune in again...but the jury is out as to how long I'll keep up with it. It will definitely be a DVR show...nothing will beat Castle ...so it will have to really keep me intrigued in order to keep it on my schedule and take the time to watch. Nice twists at the end though!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast