+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Revolution - Monday 10PM EST

Re: Revolution - Monday 10PM EST

Don't know how many people watched the season premier tonight, but I will say two points:

1. I wasn't surprised with the twist of events in regard to who died (which BTW this was in the teasers, so not a spoiler) except who it was and what happened afterward. It adds a whole new twist to the power necklaces too though if I'm thinking this is what I think it may be.

2. It's nice to see Maria Howell back in the series. She's only been gone I think because of her part in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" but she's come back in that whole being tough even while captured attitude.

The season is looking to be better than ever... and one new character they've added I think is similar to the stories this TV series is based on. It'll be interesting to see if I'm right here.
    Cornholio likes this.

Hi jadewarlock - I watched it tonight too.... it was really good. I totally agree, this season is looking better than ever.

I was happy to see Grace back as well. It was also exciting to see that one dude's hobby basement. What's the story with the other guy who showed up in his Buick offering to help Monroe? Why would he do that? I hope the Rebels take Jason in soon. Fingers crossed. I noticed Rachel never stated agreement with Charlie to kill Monroe... I still don't trust Rachel.

What are the stories Revolution is based on? I would love to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Hi jadewarlock - I watched it tonight too.... it was really good. I totally agree, this season is looking better than ever.

I was happy to see Grace back as well. It was also exciting to see that one dude's hobby basement. What's the story with the other guy who showed up in his Buick offering to help Monroe? Why would he do that? I hope the Rebels take Jason in soon. Fingers crossed. I noticed Rachel never stated agreement with Charlie to kill Monroe... I still don't trust Rachel.

What are the stories Revolution is based on? I would love to read them.
    I think he's part of the "Emberverse" series which this is based off - that said I haven't seen the series here in the States. First one I know of is "Dies the Fire" but the blackout is caused by an unknown anomaly and there is much more to face than Monroe's Militia (i.e. there are "dead zones" due to plagues brought back that were fought off by normal medicines).

Would have to read up on the synopsis of that book series in order to a. verify it and b. figure out a bit about it.

Thank you so much... I am going to look into the books by SM Stirling and see if I can pick anything up at the library. I don't know why I find this topic so fascinating. I guess it's just that we are so incredibly reliant on power and all our gadgets that I can't even imagine what things would be like if we lost it.

I don't like that they killed off Danny. Boo!!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Rats, my mind is going...when the guy showed up the car I did know or guess what his game was and now it is gone!

I"m going to look up the stories also--love post apolcalypse (in the non-religious sense) fiction. My book group was reading Rachel Carson's recent biography, which points out that she had drawn parallels to pesticides and radiation (you can's see it but it's poisoning you), and pointed out the On the Beach success in the same era as Silent Spring... which made me realize I'd never read On the Beach...looked it up on Amazon and read some reviews... about the 3rd one down listed it as in the reader's top 5 post apolcalypse novels, only one other of which, Lucifer's Hammer, I'd read, so now I'm trying to track down some others. Didn't realize Revolution had a literary basis. Not that I expect the novel and the show to coincide....

PWS have you read Swan Song by Robert McCammon? One of my favorite post- apocalyptic books. =D

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    PWS have you read Swan Song by Robert McCammon? One of my favorite post- apocalyptic books. =D
    That was in the "top 5" list, and I'm reading it right now! There were also a couple of others not available yet on Kindle... I may have to track them down in print....
    mesachick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    That one is my favorite!
    mesachick likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I read it when it was first released, I should re-read it hehe. He is an amazing author. There's another one he wrote about a werewolf working as an agent during WWI or II (can't remember). It was soooo good.

+ Reply to Thread