+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Revolution - Monday 10PM EST

Re: Revolution - Monday 10PM EST

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    Did anyone else catch that Miles introduced himself and Charlie as Stuart and Frannie Redman to the resistance army? Made me smile. Shades of SK's "The Stand."
    Ha, missed that but I kept getting interrupted and am going to watch this episode again! Very funny because I just made my daughter sit through the mini-series of The Stand 'cause she knew nothing about it. I like many of the actors in this show but need to get up-to-date...not necessarily a good sign that I let myself lose focus on it but I was intently watching Billy Burke the whole time. ;-)

I actually enjoy the flashback portions and am big on shows that use this to reveal info more slowly - Revenge is similar in that, as was Lost. The brother was as creative he could be, I was rooting for him. I can stand the girl for the fact I was once a know-it-all teen and had two of my own. Thankfully, we all grew up and not in a world without electricity!
    Florimel likes this.

Shows that use flashbacks like the ones you mentioned, wannasee, are often favorites of mine, too. They usually have a rich underlying story and the flashbacks kind of replace the expository narration in books.
    alizarules likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I liked this week's ep the most so far, really like the show, starting to really care about where the story is going and the characters.. the actors are finding their way with the roles more and more.. and I actually teared up during the last 15 minutes..
    Cornholio and wannasee like this.
    ...I can't wait until the first pictures come thru of some other being destroying the Mars Rover

Me too! I'm really enjoying the story and looking forward to seeing where it goes. The only trouble for me is all the fight scenes. I am constantly covering my eyes since I can't stand to watch gore of any kind.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Me too! I'm really enjoying the story and looking forward to seeing where it goes. The only trouble for me is all the fight scenes. I am constantly covering my eyes since I can't stand to watch gore of any kind.
    A show called "Revolution" might not be your best choice then!
    Moontat and Cornholio like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    Did anyone else catch that Miles introduced himself and Charlie as Stuart and Frannie Redman to the resistance army? Made me smile. Shades of SK's "The Stand."
    Being a huge SK fan and especially a fan of "The Stand" I noticed it right away. He also said something along the lines of, "Let's Shawshank our way outta here." when they were digging the tunnel.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Really enjoying the show now especially as it is picking up more steam. Love that Kim Raver is on it now too! Anyone else recognize that "Hutch" was also from Lost? He was the airplane pilot that was on the last few seasons.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    ...Anyone else recognize that "Hutch" was also from Lost? He was the airplane pilot that was on the last few seasons.
    My hubby, who's a wizard at recognizing faces, pointed that out. Me? I just said, "That guy looks familiar!" (I'm better at recognizing voices.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I am hoping the show continues because I love, love, LOVE Giancarlo Esposito
    Ellen likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

They've just ordered up a full season according to my newspaper, so that's the first step.
    mesachick and Cornholio like this.

+ Reply to Thread