+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Revolution - Monday 10PM EST

Re: Revolution - Monday 10PM EST

Lot's of stuff going on in the second episode. Some questions were answered, some more appeared. Looks like the show is definitely going to hold my attention.

Overall, I can only say that I will watch it just to see Billy Burke. It's always such a treat when I find him in something, whatever type of character he plays. As someone said early on, highly underrated, pretty much my favorite actor, these days.

As for the show, I also thought pretty quickly of Flash Forward. I like the flashbacks and not knowing everything. The downside...once I didn't have cable and it didn't look like FF would be renewed, I didn't go to any effort to watch the remainder of the season. I'm going to give Revolution a fair shot; I like the premise so far but as others have said, it didn't suck me in quite so much as similar shows have done. Looking forward to seeing more.

FORT Fanatic

My husband and I both love the show!

I liked the show, except for the daughter, whom I find overbearingly self-righteous and who, I can tell, is going to come out as the near-saintly heroine of the whole thing. Whenever she's onscreen, I find myself fast-forwarding until her speechifying is over and I can concentrate on less grating characters like the uncle and the brigade leader. I also found the asthmatic brother extremely annoying, although his scenes are fewer. If the brigade leader loved killing people and were a psychopath-- which I hope do not prove true-- he would long ago have killed this kid-even if his orders were to bring him in alive.

So far, Monroe seems just too evil to be interesting, and together with the daughter's insistence on tagging along (despite the even more annoying fact that of course, she always will save the day)-- that will probably sink the show for me. At least the Monroe brigade leader has some complexity--and I like the acting- which I hope the show doesn't feel the need to pulverize.

But after the second episode, I find myself much less likely to watch again. I do love futuristic sci fi-- but I don't think this will be much fun.

Like the show so far but agree that the daughter is a bit too much. They need to tone her down. She can't know how to do everything.
    Moontat likes this.

CCL

I like the daughter but I agree it's a big problem when so many people dislike a major character.
    My favourite character is the burly former computer mogul.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I keep forgetting to look at the cast names. Who plays Uncle Miles? If it isn't Tuc Watkins, he looks an awful lot like him. Kind of a scruffy version of David Vickers.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

It's Billy Burke, Miss Scarlet.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    It's Billy Burke, Miss Scarlet.
    Thank you.
    I guess they're just another "Separated at Birth" pair.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I am really enjoying the show so far. I thought the second week was better than the pilot. So far I like how the characters are starting to evolve and I look forward to getting to know more of their back stories as the weeks progress. I sure hope this show manages to stay on. It seems like networks give up shows way too early now a days.
    Florimel likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread