+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Revolution - Monday 10PM EST

Re: Revolution - Monday 10PM EST

I just hope that those who don't care for the show won't turn others off of it before it gets a chance to find its audience. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more.
    mesachick, Coco46 and wannasee like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The repeated the premiere Wednesday night. The preview for episode 2 looked more promising.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was also a fan of TerraNova and I quite enjoyed the first episode of Revolution. I'm looking forward to seeing more and I'm happy to just enjoy the ride and get more answers as they come.

The show does remond me a lot of TerraNova as far as being set in the future - but actually the past (TerraNova had dinosaurs, Revolution is back to the pioneer/frontier lifestyle.). And of course, you have a small self-sustaining community with dangerous outsiders.

I am very curious as to who the farm lady was communicating with and how some people manage to have a little power... she was an algebra teacher and looked rudimentary computer so maybe she rigged it together herself. In a situation like an EMP, it would be surprising to have communication by computers. It seems like HAM radios would make more sense. But again, I am willing to suspend disbelief for entertainment's sake.
    alizarules and Coco46 like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I guess HAM radios don't have the same visual effect in the modern world as primitive computers. Also radio waves might be more detectable...of course that assumes that your enemies have equipment working, which I'm guessing they don't. The "bad guys" seem to want the power sources in those little clam shell things... and to know what happened and how those survived.
    For the dad, who is so techy,not to have been trying to recapture electricity seems to me to imply there is a continuing problem with the electricity....not just a one time blast, after which you could presumably rebuild, but maybe I don't know enough about how those things work. For the dad to just be hiding out to me also seems odd...if things could be rebuilt with the medallions then why not rebuild with good guys? Did he have a secret wish to farm?
    Very cool looking bows....raided from sporting good stores? Museums? Definitely not homemade. Ditto the daughter's boots!

I'm not unhappy that all questions, or any, weren't answered at once....presumably that will come...and unlike you all, I didn't expect the young man to be a spy ... I thought he was that other cliche, love interest for the daughter, although maybe he's going to be both. I'll start taping it when Castle returns unless there are other conflicts with old shows...I hate when they move shows around so I don't know what will be up against what.
    Cornholio likes this.

I really enjoyed the pilot. I think that with all of these types of shows, nitpicking them about factual things (shoes, weapons, etc) as long as its not something glaringly stupid to have, just takes away from the important thing which for me anyway is the storytelling. I loved the use of muskets and watching the guys actually tamping in the gun powder, speaking of weapons. I am looking forward to tonight's show! Casting seems pretty good so far too.
    Florimel and Katydyd like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ugh, what a night... I taped Hawaii 5-0, watched Castle, and every time there was a commercial I flipped to Revolution. Why do they do that to us? Who was the woman they rescued from the slave crew who knew how to make the gun thing? I missed that.

Tonight's episode was good... the woman was Nora & she is known for her expertise in bomb-making. She got herself arrested as part of a ploy to get close to the Militia and steal a gun. It seems the mom is alive and well, a captive of M! I didn't see that one coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Tonight's episode was good... the woman was Nora & she is known for her expertise in bomb-making. She got herself arrested as part of a ploy to get close to the Militia and steal a gun. It seems the mom is alive and well, a captive of M! I didn't see that one coming!
    yeah at first i thought it was a flashback but quickly realized she was alive

it makes sense that she is captive (or is she...hmm), because it seems she knows something too, when Ben had came home she was like "is it happening?"

i suspect Grace, Ben, the guy on the other side of the computer and this guy that came after Grace were all part of a large scientific project team and some folks went rogue and did the blackout thing

those thumbdrives have code or something that they downloaded that they are trying to get to Grace so they can fix things?

btw, is this the same lady minus the hair that played Walt's mom on LOST?

I haven't seen the episode yet as I was recording H50 and watching Castle, but I see that Revolution is repeating on Saturday. I'll definitely catch it then.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks all. I'll be out of town Sat. but will try to set the VCR.

+ Reply to Thread