+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick Hits - October 10

Quick Hits - October 10

I really enjoyed this episode because it contained 2 of the elements I like the most. The staff working as a team and focus on the hospital.

*I like Carter a million times more when he isn't chasing after Abby. I loved that he staged a walkout and freaked on Kerry. She deserved that. I also loved that everyone walked out with him and the ones that chose not to (Susan) had her reasons and understood Carter's as well. The best part was giving Carter a moral dilemna at the end.. determining what was more important, services at the hospital or 3 nurses. Every action has consequences.

*I loved how they staged the attack on Jing-Mei. Everything was running along as normal, then Frank looks up and boom - Jing-Mei has a gun to her head. It just snuck up on you, just as it had snuck up on them, (as a result of no metal detectors)

*I cheered when Luka walked out to join Carter and Abby and said to Kerry, 'he's right'. Luka could have been a smug bastard, but chose not to.

*I am warming up to Pratt, but his scenes with Chen gave me the creeps. I'd rather see her with Carter, or even Frank. That's how much I don't like her with Pratt.

*Romano. Look up 'love to hate' in the dictionary and he's right there.

*Awww... poor Gallant. You knew how hard that was for him to walk out with them, but he did it. I'm also glad that he didn't shake Carter's hand at the end. It remained true to character.

*WTF is Pratt's problem? Why was he such a dick to Gallant at the end?

There is more that I could comment on, like Abby's brother, but as far as he goes, I don't really care at this point.

LG.
    Wow, it sounds like I missed a lot of action last night. Grrrrr, working late, I missed all of the Thursday night programs. Why did people walk out? Who had a gun in the ER? Why was Pratt an ass to Gallant?

BTW, I like the pairing of Jing-Mei and Pratt, not sure why. She needs someone with a little attitude and Pratt has that.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I also can't stand Pratt, and like you his scene with Jing Mei was very strange. I hope his character gets killed off in a future episode when one of the metal detectors malfunctions and another druggie comes looking for a fix.
    Last edited by Perc; 10-11-2002 at 12:38 PM.

Here's a brief recap of the show..

This junkie came in looking for a fix. Pratt wouldn't give it to him. So he kept waiting and the ER was a zoo. Tons of people. Anyhow, the junkie got into one of the exam rooms and pulled a gun on Jing-Mei. (Pratt was also there) He threatened to shoot her if he didn't get his fix. Abby went to go get it and gave him a shot. The junkie tossed a few insults around, berated Pratt for playing God and waved his gun around. Finally he left, but not without kissing Abby on the cheek which was really creepy.

Carter blew a gasket. They had been waiting for metal detectors for awhile, but the board always said that it cost too much and they couldn't afford it. Carter told Kerry to get them, she declined and fed him more bureaucratic BS. Carter grabbed the yellow pages and decided he'd order them himself on behalf of the hospital. Kerry caught wind and thwarted it. Carter then stormed out, followed by Abby, followed by Frank and Luka. (Who were all there when the Carter/Kerry showdown hit the fan)

Eventually, almost everyone walked out. Gallant was helping Kerry with a patient at the ambulance bay and Carter said, "Don't touch him" to Gallant. Gallant looked at Kerry, who told him he would fail as a med student if he walked out and he did it anyway. (Kerry was previously threatening everyone with their jobs if they didn't get back inside)

Eventually, after running a swamped ER with virtually no help, Kerry caved. She came out and told Carter (in private, somewhat) that his demands would be met. However, to cut the cost, they would have to sacrifice X-rays and Lab after hours or lay off 3 senior nurses. She told Carter that HE would have to make the decision. Since no X-rays and Labs would cost lives, he chose the 3 nurses.

There were some other minor storylines, but nothing too significant. Abby's brother arrived, but he basically just walked around. Susan had a good line when in the opening when a crazy man kept walking around saying, "How ya doing?" she eventually turned to him and said, "How YOU doin'" a la Joey from Friends.

Hope that sums it up. It was a good episode. Glad to see they're getting back into the hospital theme.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

LG.
    Thanks so much for the very detailed recap Miss F., makes much more sense now.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread