+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Copper (BBC America)

Re: Copper (BBC America)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought it was good, but not great. I've said that about a lot of show premieres and I think this one has the potential to get better. I'll keep watching
    I will probably regret not watching it but I just wasn't feeling it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I will probably regret not watching it but I just wasn't feeling it.
    If I can, I try to give shows a few episodes to hit their stride. I didn't do that with Boardwalk Empire and I'm just now getting into it and watching season 1.

I think all the ingredients are there for Copper to be a really good show, so I'm going to stick with it for now.
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I watched the premiere episode and liked it okay. Like some other comments, I wasn't sucked in immediately but I liked it enough to give it another shot. Sometimes shows take a while to get a groove and for actors to warm up to their characters. I don't know how many episodes are slated for the season but now that Longmire is done, I'll probably watch it until The Mentalist starts in its new Sunday timeslot. Plus the lead actor is hot and his partner has a fine behind. Can't argue with that
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

First season is 10 episodes.

Premieres tonight, in Canada, on Showcase. DVR is already set!

I feel like it has potential. It's a show that I feel like will be one you have to give your full attention to and that you won't really be able to do anything else. Partly because it's new and partly because there's a lot going on.

My husband watched it again last night and said it seemed a bit "long". He does plan on giving it another go.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Second episode was much better. Fleshed out the characters more. A little more action and some fine acting.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

I agree that this 2nd episode was better. It's still not great but I think they're trying to do all the backstory setup and character introductions.

personally, I think Corky should have shot the Pinkerton AND his men after they broke his leg.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

This show is getting better with every episode! This one was the best yet. I'm such a history geek and this is my favorite historical period and I love NYC history, so I'm really enjoying the show.

After the first airing of episode 3 tonight, BBCA is showing episodes 1-3 back-to-back. Seeing episode 1 again is really bringing things together for me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

This is such a gritty and dark drama. I am fascinated by the time period, and it's like visiting that world each week. I'll keep watching.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast