+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Major Crimes: TNT (spinoff of The Closer)

Major Crimes: TNT (spinoff of The Closer)

I'm not sure what I think of this episode, although I was delighted to see most everyone there, including Fritzie.

I knew I would hate what Assistant Chief Taylor would do to the focus of Major Crimes, but I love how Provenza didn't hesitate to confront him.

I'm also wondering if Rusty will be a regular or just a few shows.
    Last edited by mom2; 08-13-2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: add content
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Major Crimes: TNT (spinoff of The Closer)

I watched, not sure I like it yet. I feel Provenza's anger!

I can't quite figure out why I didn't like the preview that much. It all seemed kind of disjointed. The whole shootout in the beginning and the fake-pregnant detective made me think it was some kind of training exercise at first. Weird.

Had Provenza not been portrayed as somewhat inept on The Closer in his escapades with Flynn, it might have been easier to view him as the guy in charge. It shouldn't have been that great a shock when he realized he was not going to be The Man.

Also, Raydor asking "Deal, or no deal?" kind of made me cringe.

I'll keep watching for awhile and hope it gets better.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Is that really the rule, that if the police are involved in a shooting they can't leave the scene, even to pursue suspects who are also involved in the shooting? That hardly seems right to me. I agree with previous posters that I will have to watch a few more episodes to see if it grabs me in, but so far it hasn't. I did like the look on Raydors face when she opened the top drawer to Brendas desk and found it heaping full of candy!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

At first I had decided I would not watch, but then changed my mind. My first reaction was correct. Did not like it. The old does not mesh with the new. Don't like Raydor and Provenza in charge? This show is not for me!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Newbie

The screen was blurry for the first 5 minutes because I was still crying over the ending of The Closer. But I figured it out and then rewatched it. True, it's not TC but I liked it and will give Capt. Raydor and the show a chance to grow. After all, James Duff is a brilliant writer. If anyone can grow this show, he can.
    mom2 likes this.

FORT Newbie

I love Sykes. She is such an unabashed suck-up. Provenza's disgust and frustration with her just cracks me up. And her suggesting that he retire to Florida had me practically doubled over in laughter. And they even have a Singles Night... LOL
    mom2 and Arielflies like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

If you are a Michael Weatherly fan and didn't catch him on last night's Major Crimes, I suggest you watch the show on TNT.com or anywhere you can find it. He really did a magnificent comedic turn as a Life Coach. The character had some of Anthony DiNozzo's schtick, but is really over the top.

It was so surprising to see a major character from a long running hit show take an outside guest job. I hope that doesn't mean anything other than this was in his DiNozzo line and they begged him to do it.
    Florimel likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    If you are a Michael Weatherly fan and didn't catch him on last night's Major Crimes, I suggest you watch the show on TNT.com or anywhere you can find it. He really did a magnificent comedic turn as a Life Coach. The character had some of Anthony DiNozzo's schtick, but is really over the top.

It was so surprising to see a major character from a long running hit show take an outside guest job. I hope that doesn't mean anything other than this was in his DiNozzo line and they begged him to do it.
    I've never been a regular viewer of NCIS, so I didn't know too much about Michael Weatherly, but I thought he did a great job in the Major Crimes episode. He hit just the right note with the character. Actors often do guest appearances on other shows, partly to show something different from a long-time character. I'm glad he did because I'll look for him now.

I wasn't expecting to like Major Crimes and gave it a shot because of Marcy McDonnell. It's been a pleasant surprise so far.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Newbie

I agree that he played the life coach to perfection. And that episode of Major Crimes totally cracked me up.
    "Prick... Thorn... Whatever!" That had me spraying my water all over my lap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast