+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Major Crimes: TNT (spinoff of The Closer)

Re: Major Crimes: TNT (spinoff of The Closer)

I loved the ending of the show last night. What a great ensemble cast.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I like that they are keeping Rusty as a strong character even though his original purpose is finished. At first I thought it was gimicky that he narrated the show, but then toward the end, it all came together.
    inthegarden likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I like that they are keeping Rusty as a strong character even though his original purpose is finished. At first I thought it was gimicky that he narrated the show, but then toward the end, it all came together.
    I think it was very clever of the writers to make Rusty a central character. He has served as a linchpin for bringing the principal cast members together because they all watch out for him and are invested in his welfare. And most importantly, his addition to the cast made Sharon much softer and far more likeable.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Wow, you gotta watch this weeks episode. Very different and really good. I'll wait till more have watched...

I watched it twice, and while it didn't carry the punch of first viewing, it was intricate enough that I needed that second viewing. Good Stuff!!!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I just started watching this show. I didn't realize it was shown in Canada first, then here.

This past episode was quite exciting. I really like it.

Can someone tell me who the guy was that struggled with the two cops in the underground garage parking lot? (He approached when they were looking at the sport's car.) Who was he? I must have missed that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I just started watching this show. I didn't realize it was shown in Canada first, then here.

This past episode was quite exciting. I really like it.

Can someone tell me who the guy was that struggled with the two cops in the underground garage parking lot? (He approached when they were looking at the sport's car.) Who was he? I must have missed that part.
    He was the prison cellmate of the son/dad. He was helping the son/dad with the kidnapping and murder. It was his car that the witness saw.

Great episode!
    The writer's are very focus on child abduction this season. A subject that is always hard for me to watch.
    tapper01 and Debb70 like this.

That makes sense. I had to miss a few minutes.

I'm going to backtrack on this show and try to catch up. I'm not sure how I have missed it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That makes sense. I had to miss a few minutes.

I'm going to backtrack on this show and try to catch up. I'm not sure how I have missed it until now.
    Watching the last few season's of The Closer would give you the full dynamics of this show. The cast is a carry over from The Closer with a few exceptions. Kyra Sedgwick was Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson. Her husband on The Closer was FBI Special Agent Fritz Howard (Jon Tenny). On the episode this week, he was the lead FBI agent who shot the son/dad in the forehead. At the end of the episode, he mentioned that Brenda was being promoted to an office in Washington and he was thinking of transferring. ( I think Jon Tenny is moving to Mistress's).
    It would also fill you in on Captain Sharon Raydor.

Okay. I'll check out the last episodes of The Closer. The funny thing is that I never liked The Closer. I tried several times to watch it, but even though I adore Kyra Sedgwick, she turned me off on The Closer. Her accent was the biggest thing. It was just too fake and I couldn't get passed it. I'm from the south and real fake southern accent is one of my pet peeves.
    inthegarden likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast