+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Major Crimes: TNT (spinoff of The Closer)

Re: Major Crimes: TNT (spinoff of The Closer)

I'm liking this show more and more including the whole Raydor/Rusty dynamic. This last episode with Raydor defying Taylor was really good. Flynn calling Provenza with the "tip" about Rusty's dad made me snort out loud.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

LG.

I'm liking it more as the season progresses too. Provenza and Flynn were always just comic relief in The Closer, so to see them as anything else is odd. Julio though - always very intense. Something has got to give with that character soon, as they are building up to Julio having a major meltdown I think. I loved Provenza standing up for Sykes (whom he dislikes) after she did her job and took a beating - guess she wasn't spending all of her time polishing Raydor's apple. I always loved Raydor's character - she is really just so fascinating, and the Rusty dynamic - wonder what is going to happen there.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

TNT has picked up the show for a second season.

That's good news. I'm liking this show more than anticipated.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I am too, Florimel. I just checked it out because I love Mary McDonnell, but I kept watching and am really enjoying the show.

The young actor playing Rusty has really grown on me. He's doing a great job, IMO, in portraying all of the conflict and emotion that character is dealing with.
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I liked the last episode and was glad to see them finally warming up to Raydor. It is great how they all have helped her with Rusty. I like the relationship between Raydor and Rusty. She works with Rusty and lets him make his own choices. Mary McDonnell is so good in this role. I loved last season on The Closer, when they were trying to apprehend a criminal and he got in Raydor's face as was yelling "shoot me" shoot me" and she walked up grabbed a shotgun and shot him. She casually turned around handed back the gun back and walked off.
    mom2 likes this.

The scene where Provenza told Rusty what was what and Raydor got all emotional when Rusty was apologizing was really well done. I am very pleased it was picked up for a second season.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    That's WONDERFUL news. While I never doubted that they'd renew their most watched program (after all, TNT doesn't have a death wish) I am very relieved and excited to see the renewal notice in writing. Whew!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    YAY! I wasn't sure how the transition from The Closer would pan out, but it's flipping pancakes with butter. It is almost like all the actors have had to delve deeper into their characters this year without the focus on Brenda Lee. I'm just hoping Provenza doesn't have a heart attack.

I was concerned that the Rusty storyline would detract from the "catching the bad guys" part of the show, but Sharon needed a foil in her home life. Brenda had Fritz and now, Sharon has Rusty. I wonder if we'll ever see the estranged husband or her children?

Asst. Chief Taylor seems to have gone back to his autocratic ways like when he was in homicide. His side-move to Commander took the starch out of him, but he's found it once again. Have you noticed that they are using "civilian" Buzz in more of an investigative role? Would that be legal? I think Fritz has made two appearances and is still the FBI liaison. I doubt, though, that we'll hear anymore from him about how Brenda is doing in her new job. I don't know what to make of Sykes yet...she seems green, even though she is seasoned. Flynn is Flynn and Tao is Tao, Julio is Julio.

I'm really liking this show...it feels new, yet familiar at the same time.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was one of the few that never wathed the Closer...shame on me. But I do like this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast