+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Major Crimes: TNT (spinoff of The Closer)

Re: Major Crimes: TNT (spinoff of The Closer)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Exactly. With the iPhone news, they should be running out for replacement batteries.

I rather like the new psychopath who is Stroh's latest partner. He is creepy and funny at the same time.
    I'll be shocked if he doesn't end up dead. They mentioned that Stroh has killed all of his partners in the past. I think that guy's days are numbered.

I read some comments online complaining that Brenda and Fritz weren't at Sharon's funeral, but I didn't even notice. IMO, having those actors there would have been a distraction, at least in Kyra's case. We never saw Brenda (did we?) after Sharon took over, so she wasn't like Fritz, who did pop up from time to time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

No, Brenda stayed off scene, though she was mentioned a few times early on and lately by Rusty in re-living his Stroh trauma and wanting a gun. Fitz became head of SWAT and I think Assistant Chief before the latest guy. Fitz should have been at the funeral unless he was out of town.

Oh, Stroh's new partner is aware that Stroh kills his helpers. They showed him taking a gun out from between his back and pants once when Stroh left. He also has the doomsday clock that he told Stroh is more of a blackmail strategy.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

IT. IS. DONE. in a very satisfactory manner with an ending speech by Provenza. Fritz even mentioned Brenda in passing. I don't know that it could have ended any other way. I saved the whole of this season on my DVR and, in a month or two, I'll watch it all again.
    Punkin, JLuvs and justCoz like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I agree; the show was wrapped up perfectly. I really enjoyed the series as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Arielflies likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I liked how they wrapped it up, although I was expecting one more video speech from Sharon. I never watched The Closer so this was my only experience with the group. I enjoyed the series. Provenza was my favorite. I like his type of humor.
    Arielflies likes this.

I enjoyed the full run of this show. Sad to see it go, but it went out well.

I loved this show, and also the Closer. So sorry to see it end, but I think it was developed as much as possible. I wasn't terribly fond of the new cast members.

My biggest peeve is the fact that they killed off Sharon. I don't think that was necessary to end the series, JMHO.

I agree about the ending and also the new characters. I'm actually glad the series is over so I won't ever be seeing sniveling Rusty again. Couldn't stand that character. Tried to FF through all his scenes, but tonight's were too pivotal to do that.
    For those who didn't watch The Closer, you gotta go back and binge it.
    9Cloud and NoReally like this.

The thing is with The Closer, you'll have to binge by DVD unless you want to pay $2.99 an episode on Amazon. It isn't on Netflix streaming. I'm thinking they'll treat Major Crimes the same way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112