+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Go On starring Matthew Perry (NBC)

Re: Go On starring Matthew Perry (NBC)

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I watched it,too, and found it better than I had anticipated. Though not great, I think it has potential. I loved that the therapist was an unlicensed weight watchers helper. I do like Matthew Perry and I found the sports tie-in during the Olympics coverage very clever. I could have done without Terrell Owens, but I can always do without T.O., and at least he wasn't on for long. All the promos I've seen have included Shawn Shawn Johnson being interviewed by Matt's character; I think that's probably from an upcoming episode. I'm guess she's trying to get into acting, but I don't think she's very good at it, at least not yet.

I'll probably watch. or dvr, depending on what is airing opposite it.
    I got the feeling that was just a promo they did for the Olympics. I don't think she's going to be on the show, at least I hope she isn't. She's done a bit of TV but, like you, I don't think she's very good at it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I missed it! I'll try to catch it online. I love Matthew Perry and am glad to see him back in a comedic role. I hope its good!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I missed it! I'll try to catch it online. I love Matthew Perry and am glad to see him back in a comedic role. I hope its good!
    Its on Sunday!! I just checked and its on Sunday( sneak preview)
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Its on Sunday!! I just checked and its on Sunday( sneak preview)
    Thanks Fanny! I'll make sure to tape it this time.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

It was cute - much better than I thought it would be, actually. I thought MP really shined when he was leading the class and that last scene following the car was hilarious (best part of the episode). We'll put it on the schedule...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It doesn't premiere until September 11th, so I'm sure this was just a teaser to get people interested. I bet they'll air the episode as the premiere on the 11th. Maybe it's available online or OnDemand too.

I think my favorite moments will be the ensemble moments with the support group. They were the best scenes in the episode last night.
    I think I read on tvline that they won't be airing it again which makes no sense! I'm hoping you're right and they either use it as the premiere or reair it before the next episode.

I really enjoyed it.

Wow, this is a big bump! Is anyone still watching?

I watch several sitcoms, but this is one of the few that can make me laugh out loud. For some reason, even though the characters can be so over-the-top, it doesn't come off as hokey to me. Maybe it's because, underneath the kookiness, these characters feel like real people.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I really enjoy this show. I agree with you Critical. Even though many of the characters are kinda crazy and out there, they still feel like real people to me. I'm interested to see where the rest of this season goes.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I agree, Critical.

This is one of my most favoutite new shows, possibly becoming one of my favourite comedies. Period. Of all that are on the air.

In some ways I'm glad his previous comedy failed--this one is miles better! I love all the characters. They all fit perfectly in this little world and I know this because they don't bother me like they would if they were on any other show.

I am. I love it, and it keeps growing on me even more each week. I think that the 30 minute shows just aren't talked about as much as the 60 minute drama's because they aren't episodic in the same way as the dramas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast