+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Rizzoli and Isles on TNT

Re: Rizzoli and Isles on TNT

This is still one of my favorite summer shows.
    It was sad to see the dedication to Lee Thompson Young at the end of last night's episode. I really like his character, Frost, and enjoyed watching him change from "rookie" detective to a mature detective lead.
    During last night's episode, Frankie telling Frost how to manage his weak stomach at a crime scene...
    I'll miss this young talented actor. R.I.P.

We watched the finale last night. My son was upset that they didn't write Det. Frost out of the show...he just disappeared about 2/3 of the way through. But they made it seamless...it wasn't until the show ended that I realized that he just wasn't there after some point.

Will Jane get married next season? I hope she does. I like Casey and I think that character has something new to offer on that show as in how he was able both understand and help Maura's grandfather.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Wow. I didn't realize that was the finale and I thought solving the crime was complicated ... therefore not quite seamless.

I agree. I would have like d to have seen them write Frost out in a positive way. Say he ran off with that cute officer or something,

I am still just shocked!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Wow. I didn't realize that was the finale and I thought solving the crime was complicated ... therefore not quite seamless.

I agree. I would have like d to have seen them write Frost out in a positive way. Say he ran off with that cute officer or something,

I am still just shocked!
    Oh, I didn't mean that the episode itself was seamless, but how Frost disappeared was. And I don't think they could write him out in this episode because he died partway through filming...I'm sure they'll handle it in the first of the winter episodes.

(And I don't know about anyone else, but I guessed what had happened when the husband of dead wife almost ran into the woman (wife, sister?) of the dead man at the elevator in the station, although for some reason I thought it was Agatha Christie who came up with that plot. Good thing they told us it was Hitchcock :-) so my son got the right information.)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean that the episode itself was seamless, but how Frost disappeared was. And I don't think they could write him out in this episode because he died partway through filming...I'm sure they'll handle it in the first of the winter episodes.

(And I don't know about anyone else, but I guessed what had happened when the husband of dead wife almost ran into the woman (wife, sister?) of the dead man at the elevator in the station, although for some reason I thought it was Agatha Christie who came up with that plot. Good thing they told us it was Hitchcock :-) so my son got the right information.)
    I haven't watch this episode yet.
    I think they will deal with Frost next winter too.
    I'm sure his death was such a shock to everyone that they weren't sure how to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post

Strangers On a Train was a wonderful Hitchcock movie starring Farley Granger and Robert Walker. It does come up on TCM or AMC from time to time, so I would recommend it to those who haven't seen it.
    TripleGemini and Coco46 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Just a heads-up that Hitchcock's Strangers On a Train is on TCM today. I don't know if it will repeat this month, but it's well worth watching, especially for Hitchcock fans.

Really confused right now. Watching the new episode and Frost is there.......... WTH?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Really confused right now. Watching the new episode and Frost is there.......... WTH?
    This really shocked me also...he passed away last Aug.

I really don't like that they taped this before his passing. I would have much rather they had new episodes after his passing, and explained his absence, however they felt best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast