+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Final Witness (ABC)

Final Witness (ABC)

This show is actually about true stories of murder, however they have actors playing the parts of the parties. They also have actual people from the stories intermingled in the story, such as police officers and family members. Many people who knew the deceased person and the killer talk about what they observed during the time leading up to the murder.

I saw it for the first time last night (story about Addie, who was murdered by her boyfriend in New Orleans) and LOVED it. VERY bizarre story.

It's put together quite well. I look forward to watching the other episodes.

Watch Full Episodes for Free Online - final witness - ABC.com

FORT Fanatic

Re: Final Witness New on ABC

I'm enjoying this show. It's only an 8 episode series...I hope it comes back.

I didn't realize it had already started airing I just started watching the first episode OnDemand right now.

There's a line in the commercials about something being "graveyard love"....I thought that was a great line.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I didn't realize it had already started airing I just started watching the first episode OnDemand right now.

There's a line in the commercials about something being "graveyard love"....I thought that was a great line.
    Oh yes, there's a lot more "graveyard" than we need these days.

I caught the show last night and thought it was great. Found myself wanting to know more about the real people involved and I went trying to find the original pictures and stories of them.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Thanks Debb... and the rest of you. I had toyed with the idea of checking out this series but wasn't sure how it would be. Good to know you liked it... that's good enough for me to give it a try

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Got some very negative comments in our local papers about the idea of an actor pretending to be the victim and speaking in their voice. Apparently just that one step to far over the line for the reviewer, vs. the reenactments we usually see.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Got some very negative comments in our local papers about the idea of an actor pretending to be the victim and speaking in their voice. Apparently just that one step to far over the line for the reviewer, vs. the reenactments we usually see.
    Yes, I can see how some might find that insensitive. However, it appears that the family members are on board with the project as they particpate. And I think it gives the victims a voice that they can't have now that they are gone. I think it is done respectfully, so it doesn't bother me, though I can understand how it might some people. True crime is not for everyone. I used to follow a lot of true crime stories, but had to give it up. It was bothering me too much.

I watched the episode about the family in Texas being murdered On Demand last night. It was even better than the other one. In this case the father survives the attack and is able to help police. This true story is so disturbing....you have to see it to understand. It is quite haunting. Very sad story. The story is told through the voice of the mother of the family and it gave so much perspective on the family prior to the murders.

At the end of this episode, they have the actors holding a photo of the actual person they played. It was so touching. It was like a tribute to them IMO.

I've watched the last 2 shows. I don't know how many have been on. I like it much more than I expected. I think it's done very tastefully rather than sensationally. I think that's because of the families of the victims & perpetrators having to approve.
    No one wants their loved ones trashed on TV even if they are the criminal.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

I actually think these stories are told beautifully compared to the harsh often sped through CSI esque pace of the ID network etc.
    Also they do have the show on ID Stolen Voices, buried Secrets which also relates things via the murder victim speaking etc, so not sure why this show is getting criticism for that aspect.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast