+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Final Witness (ABC)

Re: Final Witness New on ABC

Am I the only one still watching this?
    It's moved up to Must-See-Or-Tape level for me.
    I'm a huge 48 hours mystery fan, but this is even better. I love the way they give a voice to the victim explaining the story from the imagined viewpoint of the one who can't speak for themselves anymore. It just seems compasionate rather than analytical. You really feel the loss that the victims' survivors & friends feel.
    Also, I like the way the actors sit in the blank room at the end, silently holding the pictures of the people involved. Very touching. Plus, it shows how well the show does with casting the actors to look like the characters in the story.
    OceanView likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I have watched every episode and find the show both fascinating and depressing.
    buttahfly likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Re: Final Witness (ABC)

It's very well done. I usually DVR or watch it On Demand, but I've see every episode and plan to continue.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was really surprised that Kerry Washington didn't get an Emmy nomination. Maybe the show aired too late in the season for this year's awards.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I'm a huge 48 hours mystery fan, but this is even better. I love the way they give a voice to the victim explaining the story from the imagined viewpoint of the one who can't speak for themselves anymore. It just seems compasionate rather than analytical. You really feel the loss that the victims' survivors & friends feel.
    Also, I like the way the actors sit in the blank room at the end, silently holding the pictures of the people involved. Very touching. Plus, it shows how well the show does with casting the actors to look like the characters in the story.
    Oh I agree with all you said. I love all the true crime and/or investigative reporting type of shows like 48 Hrs, 20/20, Dateline NBC etc. I've only caught the most recent episode of Final Witness but thought it was so well done. I will keep watching!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

i am really loving this show!
    Coco46 and Debb70 like this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

This show creeped me the hell out last night. I watched part of the Addie Hall episode (because I remember the story IRL in the post-Katrina insanity) and had to quit watching it before half-way because one of the interviewees (an alleged friend of Hall) is suspected of murdering and dismembering another NOLA bartender earlier this year.

Maybe I need to try a different episode or stop watching the news.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I LOVE this show too. It's on my DVR automatic tape list! Love it.

I can't believe it, but I went to sleep on this show last night. I'm no sure what happened. lol I hope they have it On Demand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12