+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Legend of Korra

Re: Avatar: the Last Airbender

Peacekeepers - episode 5 - October 4, 2013

Korra is very hot headed and politically naive and although she s 17 yrs old she acts like a young kid having a temper tantrum sometimes...I do think this is partly due to her being so isolated as she was being trained in all 4 types of bending. It's funny to see her boyfriend Mako maturing so well and others around her getting on with their careers and lives and yet seeing her not being able to do so.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The Sting - episode 6 - October 11, 2013

Varrick you bastard. Didn't see that one coming.

I was surprised no one seemed concerned that last seen Korra was swallowed by a giant angry spirit and she has been missing for a while.

Beginnings - part 1 - episode 7 - October 18, 2013

Beginnings - part 2 - episode 8 - October 26, 2013

Korra learns about the origin of the Avatar.

Absolutely, freaking, fabulous episodes of the origin of the Avatar and the battle and struggles between the humans and spirits and the importance of balance. The producers are using 2 different animation studios to produce this series just from the sheer amount of animation needed to produce this many episodes. Studio Mir did the animation for this two part story. The story is about the first Avatar, Wan and how he received his powers and became the first Avatar.

The Legend of Korra "Beginnings" Parts 1 and 2 Review: Worlds Apart - The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra Community - TV.com

From an aesthetics point of view alone, the episode was a complete success. I was thrilled with the decision to base the look of the memories in the style of ukiyo-e woodblock prints. It's a genre of Japanese art originating from the Edo period, and the name translates as "pictures of the floating world" to emphasize—and I quote from a book here—"the ephemeral beauty and fame of Edo's courtesans and actors as well as the seasonal attractions of the city's scenic spots." The genre extends beyond those subjects, of course, with Hokusai's Great Wave Off Kanagawa (Wan's waterbending in his fight with Vaatu recalls Hokusai's waves, in places) perhaps being the most recognizable example.

Now I know why I got so confused about when the episodes air.

Fridays at 8pm on Nickleodeon.

Saturdays at 830pm on Nicktoons.

The Legend of Korra

The Guide - episode 9 - November 1, 2013

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra - Season 1, Episode 21: The Guide - TV.com

With Harmonic Convergence just weeks away, Korra reunites with Tenzin and his family at the Eastern Air Temple. With the southern spirit portal heavily guarded by Unalaq's forces, Korra decides to enter the Spirit World and close the spirit portal from the inside so Unalaq cannot stop her. Tenzin agrees to help her enter the spirit world, but Tenzin struggles to enter. However, Jinora may hold the key instead. At the South Pole, Unalaq, believing that Korra is dead, tries to open the northern spirit portal. Meanwhile, in Republic City Mako continues to try and prove that Varrick is responsible for the Cultural Center bombing, but Varrick is one step ahead of him, and uses Bolin and Asami to get to him.
    I do feel bad for Mako as he has to battle jealous older cops who don't like him as the young upstart. No one believes him and that is a shame.

A New Spiritual Age - episode 10 - November 8, 2013

This is a continuation of what happened in The Guide. Both Korra and Jiniro travel to the Spirit World and get separated. The Spirit World reflects a persons emotions and as the Avatar Korra's feeling impact her surroundings and how the spirits appear and react to her. Luv seeing the young Korra and Uncle Iroh at a tea party (so reminded me of the Mad Hatter's Tea Party in Alice of Wonderland).

I find it very amusing that Jinora, Tenzin's daughter is Korra's guide when it is something Tenzin felt was his feat to accomplish.

I like the new animation firm they are using to produce these episodes the visuals are wonderful, still I am not as engaged with the story line as I was with the original series. Partly this is due to not being quite sure where writers are going with the story and it is rather unusual to be following a spiritual path and one based on Eastern mythology that I am not used to seeing and didn't grow up with so am very unfamiliar with the spirit beings and story lines. Still this is one of those times where you just have to trust the storyteller.

There will be 2 episodes aired on Friday, November 15, 2013 at 8pm on Nickleodeon.

While Nickleodeon aired 2 episodes last night:

Night of a Thousand Stars - episode 11 - November 15, 2013

Harmonic Convergence - episode 12 - November 15, 2013

Nicktoons will only be airing "Night of a Thousand Stars tonight at 830pm

Nickleodeon will also be airing the last two episodes of Book 2 next week in an hour long finale.

Night of a Thousand Stars and Harmonic Convergence blend in together with Korra and Tenzin's family rushing to the South Pole to get help for Jinora from Katara and with Korra attempting to close the Southern Spirit Portal and then we see the other plot line of Bolin on the red carpet to see the last installment of his Nuntuck of the South "mover" and seeing Mako in jail. Overall there is a lot going on with the end result of Team Avatar getting back together fighting the bad guys. Finally we see Uncle Boomi and his military prowess. All of Boomi's war stories sound wacky but they are true.

I think even with the end of Book 2 so close at hand there will still be questions as to where all this is going. Still this is only the next 25% of the saga and there are still a lot more to see.

Re: The Legend of Korra

Don't forget the season finale in on Nickleodeon November 22, 2013 - the last 2 episodes of Book2 at 8pm - 9pm EST.

Nicktoons will be airing episode 12 - Harmonic Convergence - Saturday, November 23, 2013 at 8:30pm EST.

Darkness Falls - episode 13 - November 23, 2013

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra - Season 1, Episode 25: Darkness Falls - TV.com

Harmonic Convergence has arrived and Vaatu is free from his prison. Korra begins their fated battle by throwing Unalaq out of the Spirit World in order to battle Vaatu one on one. However, Unalaq is able to use the terrain of the south pole to his advantage and, with some help from Eska and Desna, quickly subdues Mako and Bolin and re-enters the Spirit World. He then stops Korra long enough to merge with Vaatu and turn himself into the Dark Avatar. Korra and Unalaq leave the Spirit World where the battle of the Avatars begins. Meanwhile, Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi search the Spirit World for Jinora, and wind up trapped in a dense fog that preys on their fears and insecurities.

Light in the Dark - episode 14 - November 23, 2013

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra - Season 1, Episode 26: Light in the Dark - TV.com

Unalaq and Vaatu, now combined as the Dark Avatar arrive in Republic City and begin to cause chaos in the city. President Raiko has the United Forces attack the giant spirit, but to no avail. After finding Jinora, Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi return to the south pole to find Korra, Mako, and Bolin injured from Unavaatu's power. They retreat to the Spirit World where Kya heals them. Korra has lost all hope now that she has lost her Avatar spirit, but Tenzin tells her to remember that she is herself, not the person Raava made her. With this advice, Korra's spirit heads to Republic City to stop Unavaatu and save the world from 10,000 years of darkness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast