+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Continuum - Showcase

Continuum - Showcase

A detective from the year 2077 finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver and searching for ruthless criminals from the future.
    I was ready not to like this, it sounded cheesy and overdone. Turns out that hubby and I are hooked after 3 episodes. Mom/cop tracking down the bad guys, trying to get back to her own family in the future.

Alec in 2012 and 2077. I think her husband was in on the radical group's trip to the past, which is why he reacted so strongly when he saw his wife (Kiera) in the death chamber. Not sure how long they can sustain the storyline before it gets really old.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Re: Continuum - Showcase

What network carries it? What is the date and time for those who want to take a look at it? This is one I haven't heard of before your post.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

it's a Canadian show on Showcase, Ariel. You can find the teaser here Continuum - Trailer - YouTube I'm not sure what the original air time is, Showcase is like HBO in that it uses timeshift and they show the same show over and over for a week

whoops! I guess it's Sundays at 9
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm really, really enjoying this show!! I had prepared to find it campy, but I'm finding it less campy and more enjoyable. I find it injects humour much in the same way as Lost Girl.

Phooey! I would have like to have tried that one out. **sigh**
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Glad to see others have discovered this show! I find the idea of time travel fascinating and this show does it well.

I guess I can hope that SciFi channel licenses it for viewing on their network.

CCL

It will probably get picked up in the US. I mean, the female lead actress is American, maybe other actors too....already Americans involved in the production, why not show it there?
    I think future Alec was in on something too...there was definitely a smile playing on his lips at the "supposed to be" execution. But I don't really understand why as he is an entrepreneur and the prisoners were anti-corporation? And they haven't really seemed to be making anti-capitalist moves in the present day, just seem to be causing general mayhem. And what happened to the old man who was making the speech at the beginning of the first episode and then got arrested?
    Last edited by CCL; 06-17-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Continuum starts in the U.S. in Merlin's timeslot a week from next Friday on SyFy - 6/7.

I've been watching the first year on Netflix streaming and hoping that this move to SyFy is for the second year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Phooey! I would have like to have tried that one out. **sigh**
    Season 1 already aired on the SyFy channel earlier this year. Season 2 will start on Friday, June 7 at 10pm again on the SyFy channel. If you have On Demand check to see if they have episodes of season 1. I would not be surprised if perhaps they marathon season 1 before season 2 starts on regular TV.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast