+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Bunheads (ABC Family)

Bunheads (ABC Family)

Bunheads is the tale of a Las Vegas showgirl, who impulsively marries a man, moves to his sleepy coastal town, and takes an uneasy role at her new mother-in-law's dance school.

From Executive Producer Amy Sherman-Palladino, the creator of Gilmore Girls, the series will be headlined by Tony Award®-winning actor Sutton Foster. Bunheads is set to premiere Monday, June 11.
    ABC Family - Bunheads - Official TV Show Site

Is anyone else really excited for this one? Not only do I love ballet, but I'm so happy to see Sutton Foster on TV, along with Kelly Bishop and Alan Ruck!

I think the name is kind of stupid - I never even heard that term until recently and I practically lived in the dance studio when I was younger - but I'm so excited that Amy Sherman-Palladino is doing another show, that I'll forgive her for the dopey series name.

According to the official site, it'll be airing Mondays at 9PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Bunheads (ABC Family)

I can't wait, Gilmore Girls is one of my all time favorite series.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I saw an extended preview for this in the movie theater (we were there really early) and made DH text the name to my phone at home because I didn't want to miss it. I've got the DVR set and am looking forward to it!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I will have to set my DVR as well!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Add me to the list.

I looked up Sutton Foster, she slightly resembles Charisma Carpenter
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I don't know, I wouldn't make that comparison. Charisma is a bombshell-looking girl. Sutton is tall and slender and, dare I say, a bit dorky. And she's got a voice to die for. They're both brunettes with dark eyes, but I don't think they look alike at all

For those who aren't familiar with Sutton, this is the first role she won a Tony for:
    Thoroughly Modern Millie "Gimme Gimme" Sutton Foster - YouTube

She's been nominated for the Tony 5 times in the last 10 years and won twice - the other win was for Anything Goes, last year.

Yeah, I'm a total fangirl.

ETA: another video, this one talking about being pulled from the ensemble to play the lead in Thoroughly Modern Millie after the lead actress dropped out:
    Sutton Foster's Big Break - The Rosie Show - Oprah Winfrey Network - YouTube
    Last edited by Critical; 06-03-2012 at 02:31 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fogey

I dunno, I think Charisma looks like a glammed-up version of Sutton.

I'm a fan of both of them, but beyond them both being brown-eyed brunettes, I just don't see it

I'll be curious to see if you change your minds after you see Sutton on the show.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-05-2012 at 06:06 AM.

It looks good. It also looks like something that will get "the million mom" stamp of approval. (still bitter over GCB)
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast