+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Bunheads (ABC Family)

FORT Fan

Re: Bunheads (ABC Family)

I love that Kelly Bishop's Fanny character is so different from Emily Gilmore and she does an outstanding job in both roles. I really like this show, I hope it's back for a second season.

Several posters have said they think Fanny is really different from Emily Gilmore, but I think they're two sides of the same coin, especially with a younger, sarcastic daughter figure to play off of.

I imagine Fanny as what Emily would have been if she hadn't met Richard and had gone to NYC instead of college.

I loved seeing Fanny have a man! I don't think it will end up being permanent. Something tells me that they'll discover they're not well-suited together when he sticks around for a longer period of time instead of those short-burst "Honeymoon" visits.

Clearly Sasha is dealing with a lot of emotional turmoil. I'm glad that Fanny and Michelle haven't let her get away with the attitude, but I do feel sorry for her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

I am watching last night's episode and it seems like ASP is recycling a lot of actors from Gilmore Girls. Early in the season it was Gypsy the mechanic, last week it was the guy who played Jason Stiles, this week it's Kirk.
    Last edited by short_lived; 08-14-2012 at 09:32 PM.

I think that's true with a lot of showrunners - they find a "company" of actors they like and they keep casting them wherever they can. Joss Whedon does the same thing.

I liked seeing "Kirk" again.

I have to say, as much as I love Sutton Foster, they're making Michelle too slapsticky and too broad. I like the show - and Michelle - much better when she's not so out there. It's definitely the writing and not the actress.

There hasn't been enough of Fanny lately. I think the show works best when the two lead actresses are playing off one another.
    Florimel and short_lived like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think that's true with a lot of showrunners - they find a "company" of actors they like and they keep casting them wherever they can. Joss Whedon does the same thing.

I liked seeing "Kirk" again.

I have to say, as much as I love Sutton Foster, they're making Michelle too slapsticky and too broad. I like the show - and Michelle - much better when she's not so out there. It's definitely the writing and not the actress.

There hasn't been enough of Fanny lately. I think the show works best when the two lead actresses are playing off one another.
    All of this!
    I enjoyed "Kirk" in this role. So quirky and yet refreshing.
    I also agree that Michelle, at times, can be just too much for me. I'm not sure if it's because she doesn't have Fanny to play off of, but it's becoming increasingly more noticeable for me.

Aaaand Michelle ends up macing half the cast of The Nutcracker Awesome. So over-the-top bad that it's funny.

ABC Family ordered more episodes, so the show will be back in early 2013.

ETA: I was surprised at how emotional I got over the ending of this episode. Hubble in the dream and then "O Captain! My Captain!"....Then the look on Michelle's face when she thanks the kids =
    Last edited by Critical; 08-21-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    GabbyG and short_lived like this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

The macing and then the ringer goes out and dances, as if she doesn't have a care in the world -hilarious. I cheered when Sasha stood and said Oh, Captain. It's my favorite scene in D.P.S. and I still get goosebumps when I see it...

DH didn't see the first episode, so he was surprised Cameron (Ferris Bueller) was Hubble. I wish he'd stayed for more episodes...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Aaaand Michelle ends up macing half the cast of The Nutcracker Awesome. So over-the-top bad that it's funny.

ABC Family ordered more episodes, so the show will be back in early 2013.

ETA: I was surprised at how emotional I got over the ending of this episode. Hubble in the dream and then "O Captain! My Captain!"....Then the look on Michelle's face when she thanks the kids =
    Yes! All of this. So glad I wasn't the only one.

I was really sad over how it ended. It was such a strong episode, but I'm left wondering how the back half of the season will turn out.

I think if you don't watch a lot of movies or TV series you miss a lot of references in this series.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread