+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Bunheads (ABC Family)

Re: Bunheads (ABC Family)

I'm loving this show. I don't want to get too attached though. The ratings are dismal (although better than Jane by Designs in its first season).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Only two episodes in and you are worried about the ratings? Isn't it a little bit early to do that?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

During the regular season, shows get canceled that quickly. With a summer series, I don't think we should be as worried. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on more. I think this is the only thing I watch on Tuesdays. Is there even anything else on?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have only caught it because of the comments on here and I really like it! The pace is great and I really enjoy how many GG actors there are popping up. My only wonder is if every episode is going to end on a mini-"cliffhanger" every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    During the regular season, shows get canceled that quickly. With a summer series, I don't think we should be as worried. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on more. I think this is the only thing I watch on Tuesdays. Is there even anything else on?
    It airs Mondays, Jane By Design airs Tuesdays followed by Pretty Little Liars.

Saw episode 2 still a solid performance, but what happened to the dog? I hate when the writers leave little plot devices like that hanging. Interesting ending. Glad to hear that Hubble had met Michelle a year ago.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Ah, I guess I think it's on Tuesdays since I watch it on Tuesdays. I'm never home on Monday.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I haven't watched yet, but I'm wondering two things:

First, is it as quirky/lovable/snarky/witty as Gilmore Girls? Amy Sherman-Palladino did such a phenomenal job on that show, it really lost something when she left, and I haven't really found a show with such great entertainment value but also such colorful and lovable characters since.

Second, does it have the forced overacting that has become commonplace on ABC family shows? I know people really love The Secret Life of The American Teenager, but the acting is just so bad that I can't make myself watch it. It seems to be an ABC Family trait of sorts, and I hope it hasn't spread to this show!

FORT Fanatic

ABC Family has been airing Bunheads on Fridays in the Gilmore Girls time slot (11 a.am. eastern). I would assume this is to attract the GG viewers. The witty dialogue is similar to GG, but it's running low on quirky ancillary characters. GG had Miss Patty, Babette, Mrs. Kim, Kirk, Taylor, etc. So far just has the weird girl who was Hubble's ex. Hopefully they will develop more characters give the show some depth beyond the 4 teens, Michelle and Fanny.

I really liked the quirkiness of Fanny's friends and I'm hoping we see more of them. However, in looking at the cast list, I don't see any of them listed even as recurring characters. Fanny is listed as a recurring, not a main character. If the show is going to focus only on Michelle and the young dancers, it will lose me. I hope that doesn't happen.
    GabbyG likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I watched the first two eps online, I find the character of Fanny extremely grating....and the dialogue between the younger girls just seems 'off' to me.. It didn't impress me as much I thought it was going to.

+ Reply to Thread