+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Bunheads (ABC Family)

Re: Bunheads (ABC Family)

Quote Originally Posted by katydyd View Post
    loved this show! I was not expecting the ending at all...it takes the show in a very different direction from what i was anticipating. Of course it also leaves room for a multitude of possibilities. I think i may be the only one in this thread who wasn't a gilmore girls fan, but i am really enjoying the writing and the various characters so far. I'll definitely be watching next week! and as an aside....isn't 47 too young to be going through a second childhood? I'm starting to get a bit concerned with the growing number of abc family shows i'm enjoying these days

I'm older than you and find myself in the same place. I've just grown tired of all the slas'her'/tras'her' type shows and enjoying the fun!
    I have it on DVD and plan to watch today and after reading the reviews, it sounds like a keeper to me.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Okay, I can finally say, Hubble, NOOOOOO!!!! (I sort of feel like I should say that in a Barbra Streisand voice! ) I think he really is dead. I think it will probably set up better drama with Fanny and Michelle, but I liked what I saw with Hubble and Michelle.

"Dogs, it's the sequel to Cats"
    I loved Hubble and would have really liked to have seen the dynamic between the three of them.
    Katydyd likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I just watched and I was surprised that I loved it. Kelly Bishop must have been a dancer earlier in her career, she's still got moves. I'm not sure I like that Hubble is gone, I was kind of looking forward to Michelle and Hubble falling in love... and I have always found Alan Ruck hilarious. (him and Barry Bostwick for some odd reason)
    I'll be watching.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I liked it!! I love that Kelly Bishop is not playing Emily Gilmore.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I liked it!! I love that Kelly Bishop is not playing Emily Gilmore.
    But she still sort of is, really. It's just a gypsy-ish version of her. I don't mind though, I think she plays that part really well. Sutton's playing kind of a less mature and less responsible version of Lorelei. I mean, Michelle probably couldn't keep a fish alive and Lorelei raised a kid!

I have to say, I went to look at Alan Ruck's imdb listing and was shocked that he's 56! I guess I thought he was younger when he did Ferris Bueller. Turns out, he was 30 when he played a teenager in that movie! That means he's nearly 20 years older than Sutton Foster, which normally I find a bit creepy (I definitely don't have an Electra complex!). I actually liked them together and was looking forward to seeing where that relationship would go.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The age of actors playing opposite each other doesn't bother me at all. Cary Grant was 25 years older than Audrey Hepburn and they were perfect together in Charade. Angela Lansbury was three years older than Lawrence Harvey when she played his mother in Manchurian Candidate -- another perfect pairing. Humphrey Bogart was 25 years older than the 19-year old Lauren Bacall in To Have and Have Not, and their screen chemistry matched their off screen love story.

I did like this show and was disappointed that Hubble won't be around. I loved how that character was portrayed.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Finally caught the last 15 minutes just to find out they killed the husband. Why...it seemed like it would work. Luv'd how the mom and dancer/lead played off each other in the bar scene. This show has a very good feel to it and nice to have something adults can watch on ABC Family but I am also watching Jane By Design and luv it too. Why is all the good stuff on cable?
    GabbyG and inthegarden like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I liked Hubble.
    For me, there was really no other way to have the focus on the dynamics of the Dance studio. If Hubble had lived, I would have been interested in the relationship between the MIL, Michelle and Hubble and not so much the dancing.

I enjoy Jane by Design too.

Oh lord this show is too funny..."I don't know, I just think this town could use a woman who used to be a man - to go along with the Republican and the Liza Minelli impersonator."
    Duxxy likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I'm really enjoying Bunheads. I first chose to watch because of the ballet, but I found it be quirky and fun to watch. It has both humor and heart. I'm impressed with the young actress/dancers and the older supporting actresses are also excellent. I hope this show succeeds.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread