+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Bunheads (ABC Family)

Re: Bunheads (ABC Family)

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    It looks good. It also looks like something that will get "the million mom" stamp of approval. (still bitter over GCB)
    Me too!

I'm looking forward to the show, so I'm going to ignore any potential "endorsement" by the religious right, if that happens. Really, some of the shows on ABC Family haven't seemed as traditionally family friendly lately, so if this one is a little risque, I won't be surprised or bothered by it.

As soon as I heard it was a show about ballet created by Amy Sherman-Palladino AND it starred Sutton Foster, I was all in! Kelly Bishop and Alan Ruck are bonuses!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm a fan of both of them, but beyond them both being brown-eyed brunettes, I just don't see it

I'll be curious to see if you change your minds after you see Sutton on the show.
    I've seen the previews, and I don't think it's a comparison you'd make just seeing one. But when you put them side-by-side they have the same face shape, there's just something similar about them. But then again it really has zero importance to anything.

I love Kelly Bishop. To me, she'll always be Emily Gilmore no matter what else she's doing. Which is a good thing, by the way. In my opinion, Emily was one of the best, most complex characters of all of the sitcom mothers/grandmother's I've seen. And one of the most realistic, despite her lifestyle.

Comcast has the first episode OnDemand and I'm watching it right now!

It's MUCH snarkier than I thought it would be. YAY!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Good I do enjoy snark I also enjoy Monday TV viewing. I may have to tape to have something to watch on Tuesdays.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Thanks for mentioning it's available OnDemand. I'm planning on watching tomorrow and hoping it's as good as I think it could be.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I watched it OnDemand last night and LOVED it!!! Snappy dialogue like the Gilmore Girls had and yes, lots of snark. I don't see it as pandering to the million moms at all... a little risque in a good way!

FORT Fanatic

I loved it! I won't reveal the twist at the end for the west coast people, but I will definitely be watching the show.

Loved this show! I was not expecting the ending at all...it takes the show in a very different direction from what I was anticipating. Of course it also leaves room for a multitude of possibilities. I think I may be the only one in this thread who wasn't a Gilmore Girls fan, but I am really enjoying the writing and the various characters so far. I'll definitely be watching next week! And as an aside....isn't 47 too young to be going through a second childhood? I'm starting to get a bit concerned with the growing number of ABC Family shows I'm enjoying these days
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Okay, I can finally say, Hubble, NOOOOOO!!!! (I sort of feel like I should say that in a Barbra Streisand voice! ) I think he really is dead. I think it will probably set up better drama with Fanny and Michelle, but I liked what I saw with Hubble and Michelle.

"Dogs, it's the sequel to Cats"
    Duxxy, Arielflies and Cornholio like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Big disappointment here. Sorry guys, but I thought it was pretty cheesy and lame. Snarky, yes --- but not in a good way. And the characters are so cliche. It'll probably be a huge hit!

+ Reply to Thread