+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Hatfields and McCoys Miniseries

Hatfields and McCoys Miniseries

Is anyone planning to watch this three-part miniseries. I have it set to DVR,

It is on the History Channel on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week and has an excellent cast. I have high hopes for it.

Hatfields & McCoys — About Hatfields & McCoys — History.com
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: Hatfields and McCoys Miniseries

I don't know if I want to get involved with it for 3 nights in a row. I wonder if it's going to be on the Prime Time On Demand channel, because I would like to see it. It looks like it was very well done.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Is anyone planning to watch this three-part miniseries. I have it set to DVR,

It is on the History Channel on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week and has an excellent cast. I have high hopes for it.

Hatfields & McCoys — About Hatfields & McCoys — History.com
    Oh I have been watching the Previews and this looks SOOOOOOO good! Thanks for the reminder!
    KAREN

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

We're going to watch it but I'm on the fence - I know the story but don't like movies/shows with so much violence when it's not a war or something like that (if that makes sense).
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Oh that is tempting! I hadn't heard of it. Good cast, interesting subject...
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    We're going to watch it but I'm on the fence - I know the story but don't like movies/shows with so much violence when it's not a war or something like that (if that makes sense).
    I feel the same way about shows with so much crime and violence --- sounds like this one will be very well produced, but on the other hand, will have too much violence and darkness for me. So, I guess I won't be watching.

I want to watch it! I had seen the previews earlier in the Spring but had no idea such a prominent cast was involved. I think it will be available at some point on demand or even Netflix. I see The Story of Us on there all the time.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

FORT Fanatic

DVR is all set. This looks really good.

There are alternative viewings times the next few nights. 9 to 11 pm is too late for me. The first two episodes are being shown the subsequent night from 7 to 9 pm (also some other times), but no good rebroadcast of the third episode. (The above times being for eastern daylight time.)

Yes, I'm recording the early showings of all three episodes, so it won't matter if there's something else I want to see on any of those nights. I'll probably watch episode 1 at around midnight tonight, but I'll keep it saved until I have all three.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast