+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Hatfields and McCoys Miniseries

Re: Hatfields and McCoys Miniseries

One thing I was wondering about someone here may have caught - After Randall McCoy's house burned and his son and older daughter were killed, there were 2 younger children still alive. We saw them there with Sally as Randall was telling what happened - she had a blanket around her and them. And that was the last we ever saw or heard of them. Once the McCoy's went to Philip Kline's house, we only saw Sally and Rosanna and the Aunt. So what happened to the younger children?

Also - I had a little fun with Google Maps yesterday with satellite views of McCoy and Hatfield areas of Eastern KY and WV. Very interesting. Can only imagine the tourism that will be influenced by this series too.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    when I wrote this I had no idea that my dads family that comes from Logan WVA where the Hatfields lived and where their cemetary is....that people in my dads family fought on the side of the Hatfields during this crapola...talk about blowing my mind ...I knew his family was from WVA and that there is still a lot of family there and after this mini series I called him to ask some questions and you know what I was told..that if I had bothered to go with him and my mom this past weekend to a family reunion I could have actually met some of the Hatfields...
    That would have been fascinating!...I wonder what the "gossip" 'round the table was? (hahaha).

As for ancestory, I bet that there will be alot of "family tree" digging to see which side families fall on, this series was many have already said: Thought provoking, interesting, wonderfully cast, and mesmorizing.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    One thing I was wondering about someone here may have caught - After Randall McCoy's house burned and his son and older daughter were killed, there were 2 younger children still alive. We saw them there with Sally as Randall was telling what happened - she had a blanket around her and them. And that was the last we ever saw or heard of them. Once the McCoy's went to Philip Kline's house, we only saw Sally and Rosanna and the Aunt. So what happened to the younger children?
    I don't think it was the older daughter that was killed, it was one of the little ones.

They all ran out the door and the son and one small daughter was shot. It was actually the "slow" Hatfield boy that killed the little girl.

The older daughter hustled the other two daughters together and off they ran.

Then we saw them again later as Randall was telling what happened and the older daughter had the blanket around her and the two little ones with her walking away from Randall.

That was the last time I remember seeing them.
    KAREN

FYI....the 3 part mini series will be show in its entirety tonight beginning at 6 pm/ 5 pm central time.
    There's no place like home!

that's a long time to sit
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

There is a special beginning at 3 central time regarding the history of the Hatfields/McCoys.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I don't think it was the older daughter that was killed, it was one of the little ones.

They all ran out the door and the son and one small daughter was shot. It was actually the "slow" Hatfield boy that killed the little girl.

The older daughter hustled the other two daughters together and off they ran.

Then we saw them again later as Randall was telling what happened and the older daughter had the blanket around her and the two little ones with her walking away from Randall.

That was the last time I remember seeing them.
    I know 2 of his children were killed when the Hatfields raided his farm the girl was Alfair it was said she was taking the children to safety...so it gives the impression that she was the oldest girl but I have yet to find anything on her age at the time yet...also the oldest boy left was killed....several sites have family history and gen trees for both families right now to look at
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

They said that the surviving children were taken to their aunt's house - the sister of the wife who was beat up.

I've been doing a lot of investigating since watching this to see what the real story was. It was pretty close, but a few liberties taken for drama. If the later days were true, it is interesting how the McCoy guy lost his faith and the Hatfield guy gained faith. We kept commenting the whole series how much of a hypocrite the McCoy guy was!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I thought the series was good and the acting was phenomenal. I Knew what to expect with the wanton killing (and, no, this was not like a war, it was more like Natural Born Killers) so I just found something to do during those moments. I was surprised at the addition of a 'love story' between Rosanna and Johnse but I guess they decided on some creative liberties. All in all, a good miniseries.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Starting today(?), the miniseries will be shown again! This is the kind of show where you'll get more and more out of it the more you see it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast