+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Hatfields and McCoys Miniseries

FORT Fogey

Re: Hatfields and McCoys Miniseries

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Well I don't have satellite, I have TWC! I select Menu and then select Set Up! There you can scroll until you find Closed Captions! I thought telling you what I do might help with your satellite options!
    Thanks, momrek06! I'll search for this on my remote. Just have never seen an obvious option for it before. Haven't watched either of the two episodes yet, but I have a feeling I might not be able to understand all the dialog. I still have a problem understanding some of the NC mountain people around here even in person!
    momrek06 likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Couldn't activate closed captions on our Fios unit (do folks pay extra for it?) and didn't really need it.

To keep characters straight I was following two Wiki sites - one for the tv series and a discussion of the feud. So far the tv series is following the feud discussion fairly closely.
    I also have FIOS and was able to activate the closed captioning (no, you don't have to pay extra for it.). I just went to the "options" button to the right of the remote and scrolled down to "closed captioning." It was in the "off" position and I switched it to "on."

It was so much better with the CC on...I really enjoyed this second episode as things were really heating up. I got so misty-eyed when Elliison was killed. He really was more of the peacemaker of the bunch. I can't imagine Sally McCoy listening in the distance as her 3 sons were shot to death. That was just heartbreaking. The last 15 minutes my hubby tuned out..he said enough is enough. Too much killing. I'm normally not into blood and guts but for some reason am really enjoying this miniseries.
    momrek06 likes this.

One MORE night! We have LOVED it!

Loved seeing Kevin C and Bill P! Great mini series!
    KAREN

I have really enjoyed this never thought I would
    momrek06 likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Powers Boothe was also a lead character on another of my favorite shows, Deadwood. He does a fine job!
    Duxxy and momrek06 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Powers Boothe was also a lead character on another of my favorite shows, Deadwood. He does a fine job!
    He was so evil on 24 (wasn't he largely the reason my beloved Jack had to go into hiding? or am I thinking of the wrong season) that it's hard to see him acting reasonably.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Well, I never watched either Deadwood or 24 so I must have seen Powers Boothe on some other series or in other movies.

Tom Berenger certainly looks a lot different from when he was in The Big Chill -- great makeup job, I think. I recognized his voice before his face.

I've always loved the work of Powers Booth. Does anyone remember when he played Reverend Jim Jones in Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones? His performance was chilling.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    There are alternative viewings times the next few nights. 9 to 11 pm is too late for me. The first two episodes are being shown the subsequent night from 7 to 9 pm (also some other times), but no good rebroadcast of the third episode. (The above times being for eastern daylight time.)
    DH watched most of the first show when it aired at 9:00, then we watched the next night when it started at 7. He said there were scenes removed and they bleeped out the bad language. So I guess the advantage is that you see all of it if you watch it 9-11. It's times like this I wish we had DVR.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    And Tom Berrenger as Jim Vance.
    I saw on IMDB that it was him, but still have yet to see the resemblance. However, during last night's segment, he dropped the thick accent for a few seconds and I recognized his voice. He looks just awful and not like himself. My hat is off the make up artist and costumer who worked in him, he was unrecognizable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast