+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hart of Dixie (CW)

Hart of Dixie (CW)

Okay, okay, I know - talk about "better late than never"! I've wanted to start a thread for this show for a while, but I was worried that, if I did, the show would get canceled. SO, since we know the show will be back next season, let's dish!

The CW is re-running the season finale right now and I'm watching it again. WOW, what a roller coaster!

I'm so torn because, although I like Wade, I think George is a much better fit for Zoe. Still, Wade was SO happy at the end of the season. We should all have these problems!

Anyone have a guess as to who Zoe's going to choose? If I was choosing for myself, it's all about Lavon. That man is HOT!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Re: Hart of Dixie (CW)

LOL!!! Yes, my choice would be Lavon over Wade or George. I really like George & Lemon together. I haven't watched the finale yet, however. This show is so cute!

I had a hard time liking Lavon at first because Cress Williams played such a dirtbag on Friday Night Lights. It took me a few episodes to get over hating him from FNL!

I actually don't like George and Lemon together. I don't think she's grown or changed at all as a person and he has. He went off to NYC and she just stayed in Bluebell and stayed exactly the same. I don't think her goals have probably changed one lick since she was 16. The way George was with Zoe in New Orleans is just SO different from the George we see with Lemon. Seeing him sing on stage was the first time I thought he was sexy. It was also the first time he seemed to let loose at all.

I'd actually like to see Lemon and Lavon together again. I liked what little I saw of that relationship. She seemed more relaxed with him.

Maybe it's that when you're with someone from practically childhood, it's sometimes harder to grow and change. Maybe it's easier for George and Lemon to be who they are now with other people

Kind of encouraging to see that Brick might have a love interest next season in Lemon's (was it) cousin/aunt. I like that actress (whose name is on the tip of my tongue!) and I love Tim Matheson.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I am so glad it was renewed, I had wondered if anyone else was watching since there wasn't a thread. Now I know why.

I like the relationship between Lemon and Lavon. Even though it was a fling, the relationship seems more mature than the one between Lemon and George.

I like Wade now... but, he played such a creep on The Young and the Restless, that I cringed every time I saw him and Zoe together. I wanted to shout to Zoe "No not him, he is a nutcase!" And I did feel sorry for him when Zoe saw George at the door. He is was so happy that the two of them were together.

I'm not sure who George should be with, not Lemon, to immature and I'm iffy on him and Zoe. I like George, but he is a bit wishy-washy when it comes to women.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I am so glad it was renewed, I had wondered if anyone else was watching since there wasn't a thread. Now I know why.

I like the relationship between Lemon and Lavon. Even though it was a fling, the relationship seems more mature than the one between Lemon and George.

I like Wade now... but, he played such a creep on The Young and the Restless, that I cringed every time I saw him and Zoe together. I wanted to shout to Zoe "No not him, he is a nutcase!" And I did feel sorry for him when Zoe saw George at the door. He is was so happy that the two of them were together.

I'm not sure who George should be with, not Lemon, to immature and I'm iffy on him and Zoe. I like George, but he is a bit wishy-washy when it comes to women.
    I think that comes from his being with ONE woman for his entire adult life. Lemon seems like the type that would keep her man's ____ in a mason jar under the sink. George is smart in so many ways, but I don't think he's got much experience with women. In New Orleans, he seemed like a completely different person. It was like he was expressing all those parts of himself that Lemon may have disapproved of or that he thought she would disapprove of.

As much as Wade kept talking about how them sleeping together would be a good way to get the attraction out of their systems and how it could help her get over George, it was obvious that HE was hoping for more.

They did a similar "which one will she choose" cliffhanger on Private Practice, but THIS is the one I care about!

A perfect description of Lemon.
    I can see Lemon as the Mayor's wife. Just think of all the 'good' (or mayhem) she could do for Bluebell and its residents.
    Yes, I think the New Orleans trip enlighten everyone. George did seem different in New Orleans and very likable. It was as if after he returned from New Orleans and was with Lemon, he realized he had out grown their relationship and was wanting something more. Zoe realized that Wade was just an afternoon distraction and that she is still in love with George. I just want him to decide and I know that's a long time coming.

I missed a few episodes but I did remember to watch the finale. I'm glad this show has been renewed... I really like Rachel Bilson. (I would be even more lost if CW had cancelled this along with The Ringer.)

I think she will pick George.

I hope she will pick Wade... every "good" girl needs a bad boy in her life.

I'm pretty sure the writers will have her pick herself.

I was actually enjoying the will they-won't they dance Zoe and Wade were doing for awhile, but I loved seeing them together in the finale. If I was Zoe, there's absolutely no way I could turn him down while he's shirtless.

I would rather see George alone for awhile then with anyone. I think he would benefit from not being in a relationship. I don't really like George with Zoe romantically, more as friends. As much as I like Zoe and Wade together, the cute flirting and tension between them was interesting so keeping up with that to start the season would be fine by me.

Like others, I would like to see what a relationship between Lemon and Lavon. I just hope they all don't jump into relationships right at the beginning of next season.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I really felt for George in the finale when he was standing there in the rain and asked Lavon why no one told him that Zoe was staying. He'd obviously decided to do the right thing and marry Lemon, but he could only have done if he didn't have to see Zoe pretty much every day.

I feel bad for Wade, because he obviously has strong feelings for Zoe, but I don't think he's a good match for her, at least not outside of the bedroom! I think Lemon and Lavon are a good match. Not sure who's right for Wade....his ex-wife?

CCL

I'm behind. The last episode my dvr taped was April 30th so I'm thinking I missed at least two episodes, including the finale. Argh. I'll have to see if they are on-demand.

Couple-wise:

I'm not really a fan of George so much. Which is a problem when he is supposed to be one of the love interests. I'm definitely going for the Wade/Zoe relationship, at least short-term. Long-term I wouldn't mind him with Tansy but I don't want to see Zoe with George. They'd have to bring someone else in. Lemon...not sure if she should be with Lavon or George. She does have that history with George and there have been moments where it is very evident they have, and live to, predefined roles - with him as her protector, and her as his cheerleader - that seem to work for them. But I can see what Critical means when she says that Lemon seems more relaxed around Lavon (though a relaxed Lemon is rather an oxymoron). I do not want to see Lavon and Zoe ever get together. I like their friendship as it is.
    Last edited by CCL; 05-23-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast