+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hart of Dixie (CW)

CCL

Re: Hart of Dixie (CW)

Caught up...

I wanted George and Lemon to get married...ugh, so conflicted. I just don't really care that much for George so how can he end up with the heroine? The only times I've liked him a bit was when he was with Lemon. If George up and left town I don't think I'd mind. Which I know is not the reaction the show runners want me to have but nonetheless...

I'm kind of excited to see what a single Lemon will get up to. Her wedding dress was beautiful, by the way. I know a lot of people don't like Lemon but I do. I find her to be a compelling character- brittle but fragile, icy exterior with emotions roiling under the surface, a princess who had to be an adult too soon.

I know that Zoe and Wade are opposites in a lot of ways...and I don't know if they are end-game, but I'd like to explore it further...much more so than seeing her with George...and sometimes opposites are the best choice. I mean, she chose to forgo her big-city surgeon life to stay in Bluebell so why not go with Wade who is more a Bluebell boy than
    lawyer George?

I like the humor the show has...Wade hitting on/scaring the bank loan officer, Rose's interactions with Magnolia, Zoe singing to annoy Wade etc.
    Last edited by CCL; 05-29-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Season Premiere is Tuesday October 2nd! With all the new show premieres I didn't want Hart of Dixie to get lost in the mix.

I'm SO glad the show moved to Tuesdays! I'm never home on Monday nights and the CW isn't great about uploading episodes. Now I can actually watch it when it airs.

I'm so glad this show got renewed. It's my guilty pleasure. Now I have my fingers crossed that it does better in the ratings and doesn't get canceled part-way through the season.
    football_chick likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Yay at its return. Pick Wade!

*bump*

Argh! This show is killing me! I never thought I'd feel sorry for Lemon Breeland, but now I do. Maybe it's because I find Ruby so gratingly irritating. Her voice and the simpering. I want to slap her.

I know they're trying to keep George and Zoe apart for the delayed gratification, but I hope they don't wait too long. I'd hate to see the show get canceled before they have a chance to give us a little resolution with this love triangle....quadrangle?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Ruby annoys me too. As for Zoe and George, I hope he finds someone else for good. I'm on the Zoe and Wade train, so I hope they figure this thing out.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I like Zoe and Wade together also. It was nice to see him really trying in the last episode - too bad Zoe ruined the moment. I wish that Dr. Breeland and his lady friend had worked out.

CCL

I have started to fast forward whenever Ruby comes on screen. And seeing how Lavon is always with Ruby that means there's pretty much no Lavon-time.

George can get with Tanzy. I'm on the Zoe-Wade train.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I have started to fast forward whenever Ruby comes on screen. And seeing how Lavon is always with Ruby that means there's pretty much no Lavon-time.

George can get with Tanzy. I'm on the Zoe-Wade train.
    Can I ask why? I know you don't really like George, but I don't see how Zoe and Wade make any sense together. They have great physical chemistry, but they can't even carry on a conversation because they have so little in common. I think it was a fun fling, but IMO, it's not something that would work long term.

CCL

I think Wade and Zoe complement eachother. He grounds her a bit whereas she makes him a bit deeper (for example, with the black and white cookies...I'm sure that's the first romantic gesture he's ever (or ever had to) make. And while the waitress may have helped steer him in a direction, he was the one who had to come up with the idea of what gesture to make). Plus I like their banter.
    I would say a significant part of it is that I don't care for George. I find him wishy-washy and, frankly, uninteresting. The only time I have had flashes of interest in him was with some of his interactions with Lemon. I know they've set it up for George and Zoe to be the "one true pair" but I don't find the spark is there. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out like say, for example, Dawson's Creek where Dawson and Joey were set up as the ultimate (to-be) couple but as the show went on the showrunners found that Joey's relationship with Pacey was the stronger option and the latter two ended up together.
    Last edited by CCL; 12-06-2012 at 12:41 AM.
    mindy384 and umngirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast