+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

Re: Fall 2012/Spring 2013 New Tv Schedule

Hey - has anyone seen the new show Copper ? I came across it while trying to figure out why Longmire wasn't on last Sunday! It's on BBCA (Which amused me greatly after all the talk here about Elementary ) Anyway, it's pretty gritty and dark. I liked it but want to see where they go with it.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Yes, there's a thread about Copper a little further down on this page. As for Longmire, if I remember correctly, last week was the season finale.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Are You Being Served is easily one of the best shows ever, imho. Keeping Up Appearances is really good too. I've seen all the episodes of both, but it was years ago, I wish they would play them on my local PBS stations again.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    Are You Being Served is easily one of the best shows ever, imho. Keeping Up Appearances is really good too. I've seen all the episodes of both, but it was years ago, I wish they would play them on my local PBS stations again.
    Really? They are both on every Saturday night on my PBS channel along with As Time Goes By -- except for the past couple of week because they in one of their fund raising periods again, so it's all special programming.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Does anyone know where I can find a Fall Schedule with all the start dates, without having to go to all the networks seperately.
    I usually get mine from the Canadian TV Guide website but the website hasn't been working for me for a while.
    I checked the US TV Guide website but their didn't have the start dates listed.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a Fall Schedule with all the start dates, without having to go to all the networks seperately.
    I usually get mine from the Canadian TV Guide website but the website hasn't been working for me for a while.
    Here's one that seems pretty good. It has tabs so you can choose by week or month.

The SpoilerTV TV Premiere Dates 2012/2013 Embeddable Calendar *Updated 4th August 2012* (Spoilers)

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Thanks I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    TheFutonCritic.com - The Web's Best Television Resource is also a good place to get TV grids for the entire season and it has lots of cable channels on it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The first episodes of several new series are available OnDemand. So far, I've watched The Mindy Project, Ben and Kate and The New Normal. Of the three, my favorite was The New Normal. I laughed out loud more than once, mostly because of Ellen Barkin's over-the-top bigoted character. She's like this show's Sue Sylvester. I thought all the leads were really good and I didn't even mind Nene Leakes. I really liked it a lot. Fun to see Leslie Grossman from Popular in a little cameo too. Hopefully, we'll see some people from other Ryan Murphy shows as the season continues.

I like Mindy Kaling and I did like The Mindy Project, but I didn't love it. I'm going to give it some time because, like with New Girl last season, I think it has potential. As far as Ben and Kate, the lead actor is SO annoying that I don't know if I will watch again. I liked Dakota Johnson and the girl who plays her daughter, but the actor playing Ben was just too much.

I thought Animal Practice was just bad and dated. It felt like something from 20+ years ago. I like Justin Kirk a lot, but I don't think I like him enough to watch that stinker of a show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I finally watched the first episode of Revolution OnDemand and I liked it. I thought it had a lot of potential and it kept my interest BUT it also has the potential to become way too bloated and convoluted, which is why I stopped watching Lost. Sometimes, show runners get so caught up in creating plot twists and details that they forget about actually telling a good story. I hope this show doesn't fall into that trap, but I'm not feeling optimistic.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread